Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Once we exchange the love for each other, my eyes glisten with tears and tears well up in his eyes. This is what I want in life. I plant a kiss on his forehead, leaving my lips on there for a couple of seconds before pulling away. He looks at me with loving eyes, and a happy smile tugs on his lips as he pushes me closer to him, which makes me chuckle.

"A Taurus and a Scorpio," I say, humming, tweaking his nose. Albert scrunches up his nose in a cute manner, making me chuckle, "it's not a bad combination. We're the most compatible." Albert nods, his hair bouncing up and don as he nods his head eagerly.

Bruised and tired, we head back home.

The house is fully fixed, with the furniture already in place and every wall of the house is already re-painted with a cream-colored painting, which Albert really likes. My family has helped us fix a few things in the house and the community of The Zodiac City is slowly growing. Brianna really likes my boyfriend, and she does things to him unexpectedly. For example, she gushes about my boyfriend and pinches his cheek, telling him how cute and adorable he is and that she is glad that her brother has someone as puffy and fluffy as he is, making him feel lovable. I swear one time I'll kick my sister out of my house. I don't care whether she's my sister or not, I can't have her falling in love with my boyfriend.

Shawn is already awake and currently recovering. Dylan is so happy that he got to wake up three or four days ago, and no one can separate Dylan away from Shawn, since Shawn still needs to rest and take medicines.

It has been three and a half weeks since the battle that has happened in the Spirit Realm, and currently, it's being restored by the Shamans and the Enchanters, with the aid of the Magus and the other Werewolves warriors. There are still monster there, but they are only a few. They are just the monsters who were able to escape the war.

"I just can't get enough of him!" Brianna squeaks, staring at my boyfriend weirdly before training her eyes at me. I frown at her, walking towards their direction. Looking at my boyfriend, I see how uncomfortable he is just by being near to my sister and it's time to save his day. "How did you get so lucky brother? Tell me your secrets! Tell me!"

"Oh for Heaven's sake, Brianna, go get a boyfriend by mingling around!" I say, slightly irritated, hoisting up my boyfriend and Albert quickly hides behind me, which makes my sister pout. Albert admitted to me one time that he's more scared of Brianna than me. According to him, Brianna is like a witch who likes to make love potions. "You're scaring my boyfriend."

"Hey, I was just playing –" Brianna says but gets cut off by mother, who has a tray in her hands with foods on top.

Mushroom soup, fried chickens, fried beans, steamed rice, and cups of chocolate drinks are placed on top of the tray mother is carrying. She has a goofy smile plastered across her face, and it mirrors my father's expression. "Brianna, stop it or else I'll let your brother kick you out of the house." This makes my little sister pout, and my father chuckles, patting her on the head.

"It's a family tradition," my father says to Albert, jerking his head on the television and we place ourselves comfortably on the couch while my mother is placing the tray on the table. My father places the plates on the table as well, sitting beside my mother. "This happens every time, so you better get used to this because we will be doing this often."

Albert nods, grabbing two plates and putting a steamed rice on top. He also grabs two bowls on the table, which my sister has brought ten minutes ago. He pours a mushroom soup on the bowls. I stop him. He doesn't need to do that for me. It feels right though. He looks at me with furrowed brows while I shake my head. Albert is like my wife.