Chapter 7

Chapter 7

All the signs are running towards the enemies' direction. Dark clouds are swirling above us, and the rumble of the thunders can be heard and it sounds dangerous. Gemini works. From the corner of my eyes, I see one of the Gemini people use her power to struck a lightning towards the enemies, and the stronger enemies topple over, groaning as they fly. It's a work of Jelai Thunderstorm.

I have met her along taking the Journey, and she was with Shawn.

Soon enough, thunders become to struck down on the ground, hitting every creature that is about to attack us. I recognize one girl. She was part of Dylan's team back in the Zodiac City. I think her name is Kimberly Stein. Huge boobs. Dress well and accordingly. Auburn hair. Yup, she's Kimberly Stein. As she flips her auburn hair, she prepares her long wooden bow and begins to shoot arrow after arrow towards the enemies' direction.

There's an explosion on the east side part, and everything is on full-blown mode now. People are screaming and others are groaning. I see my little sister Brianna using her power to lift little rocks, or big rocks, across the enemies' direction. I'm so proud of her. Along with her is my mother and father.

Once I'm sure that they can protect themselves, I begin to run towards Dylan and Shawn's direction. Shawn keeps swaying his sword from left to right, slashing the throat, the belly, the legs, and the body of each creature he sees. Dylan has become stronger as he sways the blue deadly spear his boyfriend has given to him. Here and there, Dylan's also throwing ice daggers towards the enemies, using the water that Aquarius makes. Once I'm there, I kick a faceless creature that is about to attack Dylan behind him, and he looks up at me in surprise. I give him a lopsided grin.

My hands fly here and there, throwing what I can throw with my mind such as rocks, spears, daggers, and every weapon that I can see. At the same time, I'm using my mind manipulation power to manipulate the mind of the creatures, telling them to attack their allies. Some of them have strong resistance against my mind manipulation, and it takes a lot of my power to keep them at bay as they're struggling to fight my power.

The monsters have become more vicious than ever as they attack us, their pointy claws slashing right at us. If it weren't for Ivan, one of the Aquarius, I'd be dead by now. I give him a thankful smile as I begin to do my work again.

"Beige, cover me!" I shout over the mass of people fighting. Beige turns on his heels and runs towards my direction. London, who I've last seen back in the cave, follows Beige, putting walls after walls made of the dirt. When Beige is beside me, he begins using his powers to trap the enemies. I open up my palm and shut my eyes, and I feel my spirit being lifted. I let the calmness wash over me, and pour it out through my hands, covered in the pink particles that go around the enemies and once they catch a scent, they begin to get dizzy. When I open my eyes, I see Albert running across the sea of creatures together with his minions. And by minions, I mean the skeletal warriors that he had made before and had one attack me. "This will give us more time. I'm running after him." I point my index finger at Albert. London and Beige nod at me.

The skeletal warriors attack the creatures one by one, and some skeletal warriors have been decapitated, or their bones have been dislodged. I nearly laugh despite the situation we are in. Albert slips into the door that leads into the deeper part of the Zodiac City and I run after him. Since the creatures are busy dealing with the minions, my slipping into the Zodiac City is easy. When I enter the Zodiac City, everything is in chaos. People are fighting. Half of the people are on the other team and it includes Dylan's grandfather. I feel sick all of a sudden.

These people have been tricked, and they think that we are the enemies. Albert is still running, throwing blue fires to anyone that tries to be a big rock on his way. I wonder where he is headed.

As I run, a figure blocks me from running and I halt dead in my tracks and glare at the person who tries to stop me from following Albert. When I look into the person who dared to stop me, I gasp, eyes widening. It's one of my friends back in Taurus. Dalton was the Chosen One of Taurus who took the Journey three years ago. I was friends with him when we were studying. Our classes were the same, and we used to do things together and now, here he is, standing in front of me as my enemy.

"Miss me, Brentley?" Dalton asks me as he takes a daunting step forward.

I glare at him. "Dalton, you don't know what's happening."

"Of course I do." He has changed so much. His height used to be shorter than mine, but now, he's taller than I. His black hair has grown longer that it almost covers his ears. Four years ago, I was admiring him because he was excellent and such a strong fighter. He used to be on top of the class. Dalton was the star and I was his sidekick. We used to be the best buddies but as he looks at me and as I look at him, I notice that the glow in his eyes isn't there anymore. In fact, the person I'm looking at right now is my best buddy at all. "Why are you siding with them, Brent? You don't know how to pick sides."

I want to make a snarky comment; to tell him that despite him being a Taurus, with a control over mind, he doesn't use his power very well. He looks at me, tilting his head. He offers his hand to me, and a smile quirks its way into his lips. I shake my head, taking a step back. I look into his eyes again and try to access his head, but a headache greets me as the maze in his head suddenly changes. My breath rasps. "You've got to be kidding me. They are tricking you, Dalton. You've got to fight them."

"No, Brent. They are tricking you. We are the good ones here. I'm going to protect you." If this were happening four years prior from now, I'd gladly take his hand and believe every word he says. Taking another step back again, I hover my palm over the other one and in between a pink particle forms, glowing brightly.

"Dalton, stay out of my way." I say through gritted teeth. This makes him frown, and he drops his hand to his side. He grunts, making a noise. He utters some words. I catch some words. Very well. As he turns around, he begins to throw objects at me and I control them, trying my best to avert the objects he's throwing at me. I'm so focused on averting the objects that I haven't had the chance to scan my surroundings, and when I do, Dalton is lunging himself at me, head-banging my stomach and I fall on the ground. Pain greets me, covering my body as the air leaves my body. I roll over when daggers begin to fly through the air, landing right at me. Dalton bellows, laughing at my misery. I open up my palms, and lift one of the ruined walls and throw it right at him.

As soon as he gets busy with avoiding the ruined wall that I threw, I stand up immediately and let my hands fly everywhere, making objects fly towards his direction. I may not be as good as him when it comes to our power, but I've grown stronger.

Hands flying every direction, I look at my best buddy, who's struggling to keep himself protected as objects after objects fly at him. "I'm sorry, Dalton."

When Dalton lands on his knees, him staring right at me, I feel sad all of a sudden. A smile graces his lips and there's a blood running down his cheek. "I always knew you'd end up as one of the great wielders of Taurus." He utters the words as a whisper, and then he falls on the ground. I know that he's still alive, and my heart clenches at the thought of me not helping him. But right now, I have a priority and that is to know where the goddamn is Albert. Before I go, I run towards the direction of Dalton and fix his position, so he'd be comfortable. He's still my best buddy after all. After that, I run amidst the sea of people fight at each other. My eyesight is flying everywhere, trying to spot the Scorpion guy.

Catching a sight of him making a left turn at the end, I run to follow him.