Chapter 12 - Happy times

December 31st 2018. New Year's eve for most people. But for Jen and Colin, it was also the day Jen went in labor.

5 am, Jen jolted awake, contractions starting. She woke Colin and they quickly got her to the hospital. The doctor said it would take a while so Colin quickly went back to their house to get the twins. He got back not even 20 minutes later. He sat at his wife's side through the whole labor. Her parents had come to take care of the twins.

The twins were now a little over a year old. Killian already started to talk a bit while Emma took her first steps a few weeks back. But Killian hadn't walked yet and Emma hadn't talked. Jen and Colin already knew Killian was gonna be talkative and wouldn't be able to play alone when he was older. Emma would be more shy and would be fine by playing alone.

Fifteen and a half hours later, the sound of screams filled the room. Jen was pushing as hard as she could, but the baby wouldn't come out. But a few hard pushes later, the sound of cries filled the room.

Since Jen and Colin had decided to not know the gender when she was 5 months pregnant, it was a surprise for them as well.

"Congratulations. It's a girl."

The doctor gave their daughter to Jen and she held her in her arms. Colin sat by her side and had a huge smile spread across his face. He have his finger to his daughter and she wrapped her little hand around the top of his finger.

"She's beautiful."

"She is. Just like her mother."

Jen looked up at Colin and smiled. She leaned in and kissed him.

Someone cleared their throat behind them. They looked and saw it was the doctor again.

"Sorry to interrupt, but what's her name?"

Jen and Colin looked at each other and smiled.

Jen looked back at the doctor and smiled an even bigger smile.

"Regina. Her name is Regina."

Yes, they had already decided that if it would be a girl, they would name her Regina. If it would have been a boy, they would have named him Robin. They had decided to go through with the 'Once Upon a Time' names. They wanted to honor the show. The show where they got to meet each other and start their lives together.

The doctor smiled and left the alone again. Soon enough, her parents came in the room with the twins. David handed Killian to Colin and Judy put Emma next to Jen and Regina on the bed. (Hey, let's make it more complicated)

"Hey baby, wanna meet your sister?" Jen asked Emma. Emma looked up at Jen with big eyes and smiled. Jen put Emma in her lap so she could hold Regina in front of her. That way, Regina would be in Emma's lap but Jen would still be holding her.

Judy quickly took a picture of the mother-and-her-daughters moment.

"What's her name?" David asked.

"Regina. We wanna go on with the 'Once Upon a Time's names. It's where we met after all."

"So you wanna go on with them. Does this mean that there will be more grandchildren?" Judy asked with a huge smile spread across her face.

Jen looked at Colin and smiled. He smiled back and she looked back at her parents.

"Maybe. Maybe not. If it happens, we'll be happy. If it doesn't, well that's okay."

5 days later, they told the world that Regina was born. Fans went crazy. #swanqueen was number one on Twitter. And yeah, over the next few days, both Colin and Jen didn't really check any social media.

They enjoyed some quality time with their kids. Of course being tired most of the time because of Regina. But they didn't care. They loved their kids more than anything. The only thing they were hoping for though, was for Regina not to get kidnapped.

3 months later, they went to the park with CaptainSwan and Regina. Colin played with the twins while Jen took care of Regina. Jen smiled when she saw her kids happy. That was all she had ever wanted. A family that loved her and that she could love back. Just like Emma on the show, she had had her fair share of heartbreaks. But since the day Colin came into her life, her life had become brighter. Even though he was married to another woman at the time, she cared for him and loved him deeply. She was extremely happy the day they first kissed for real. Even though she ran away. She had good reasons though. He was married and he was her co-worker. But they were married for two years now. They had 3 beautiful children. She was sure their daughters and son would love their dad a lot. No matter what happened, she was sure he was always gonna be there for them. As was she. She loved how he could always make her smile when she's upset. He was a dork. Her dork.

When they got back home, the kids were exhausted. Colin and Jen happily put them in their beds and enjoyed their time together. Well, let's just say they enjoyed their time in their bed.

~~~~~~

I'm sorry for the shitty chapter and it's soooo short. I'm just running out of ideas for this story. I'm not sure if I'm gonna do a chapter yet after this one yet. But if I wouldn't, there's still the epilogue and then it will be over. I might do one chapter still. I'll think about it.