Chapter Seven:

It was the following morning. As Jack had promised, he had planned to take Izzy into the town of Athlone later on in the day. 

Both Izzy and Jack were sat at the breakfast table eating their porridge which Jack had made himself. "Do you like your porridge, Izzy?" He asked her, as he took another spoonful of his food. Izzy nodded vigorously as she ate a rather large spoonful of her porridge. "That's quite a lot, are you sure you're able to eat all that in one go?" Jack chuckled a little, as he watched Izzy hesitate a little. "No-" She decided as she put her spoon back into her porridge and got a slightly smaller helping. 

After breakfast, Jack gave Izzy a bath in order for her to be fresh and clean for the day. "Jack?" Izzy began, as she started to play with the rubber duck that was in the bath full of bubbles. "Yes Izzy?" Jack responded, as he stopped what he was doing to look at her. "We go-ing tow-n?" Izzy wondered, as she tried to pronounce all of what she was trying to say. Jack smiled in response to this, "Yes, we'll go after we've got you dressed." He told her. Izzy smiled as she went back to playing with the rubber duck that she had in the bath.

As soon as the bath water began to cool down, Jack thought that would be the best time to get Izzy out. He grabbed the warm white fluffy towel from the radiator and placed it on his lap before beginning to drain the bath water. "Look Jack!" Izzy exclaimed, making Jack turn his attention back to her. "What is it, Izzy?" He asked her. Izzy looked down at her fingers which had turned wrinkly after being in the bath for a long time. Jack laughed slightly at this, "it appears as if you've got prunes for fingers." He told her. Izzy tilted her head slightly, "what's a pr-pr-" She began, although, she was having trouble pronouncing the word. "A prune? It's a fruit which is dark coloured and it has a lot of wrinkles." Jack tried to explain as simply as he could. "Ewww-" Izzy said, as she made a rather disgusted face which just made Jack laugh harder. "One day we'll buy them from the supermarket and you can try one, I promise that they're not as bad as they sound" He told her, "they're actually really lovely." 

Jack put the white fluffy towel up, signalising that it was time for Izzy to climb out of the bath. "Pwomise?" Izzy asked, as she stood up in the tub and allowed Jack to wrap the towel around her before lifting her up and placing her on the bath mat. "I promise." He smiled slightly, as he planted a small kiss on her forehead. 

"What do you want to wear today, Izzy?" Jack asked her, as he looked round at the little girl who was wrapped cosily in her warm towel. "Hmmm.." Izzy thought to herself before shrugging a little. "How about you help me decide? I'll pick you up in my arms and show you what clothes are in your wardrobe and if there's anything you like then you can tell me and depending on whether it's suitable for the weather outside, then I'll let you wear it." Jack spoke. "Sui-able?" Izzy questioned, as she had never heard that word before. "Suitable? It means if something is right or appropriate for either a person, purpose or a situation." Jack tried to explain to her. "Huh?" She said quietly as she tried to understand what Jack was saying. "How about this, because it's cold outside, we have to wear something which is warm enough so that you won't get cold, therefore it should be suitable for walking around outside as we will be doing a lot of walking today." Jack explained a little further. "Ohh-" She spoke as she nodded her head a little and began to stretch her arms up for Jack. 

Jack picked her up in her towel and carried her over to her wardrobe. There weren't many clothes to choose from as Izzy only had a few outfits, however, while they were out in the town today, Jack would take Izzy to several shops to buy some new clothes especially as the winter season was nearby. "Now, which outfit would you like? Remember, it's cold outside and it will probably be a bit windy so how about we pick out some warm clothes?" Jack said, as he encouraged Izzy to pick an outfit that was warm. "Dr-ess?" She questioned. Izzy wasn't very sure what 'warm' clothes were. "A dress, especially the one in your wardrobe, would be too cold as it's a summer dress. How about your pink sweater and your blue jeans?" Jack said, as he pointed to them in the wardrobe. They seemed to be the warmest clothes that Izzy had, apart from her small coat that hugged her tightly. Izzy nodded slightly as Jack carefully got the clothes off of their hangers and laid them down on the bed. He then proceeded to help Izzy get dressed for the day.