Chapter Six:

Once Jack had managed to get Izzy to sleep, he left her room and proceeded to edit some of his pre-made YouTube videos for his channel. Jack managed to stay up until one thirty am editing two videos at one time, which was difficult considering that he had been multitasking the whole time. How you ask? A lot of coffee.

After a while, he started to become extremely sleepy. Perhaps all the caffeine was draining out of his system. He decided to save his half-edited videos to continue them the next morning when he felt more wide awake and less tired. 

Jack finally managed to fall asleep at two am, however, that wasn't going to last long.

Back in Izzy's room, she was having a goodnight's sleep until something went off in her mind. She wasn't too sure what it was considering that she was half asleep. Suddenly the nightmare that she'd been trying to move away from instantly reappeared in her mind. 

Izzy was imaged in her house. She kept seeing herself in third person which was very odd, however, sometimes she'd see herself in first person too. She was stuck in her bedroom which wasn't much at the time but she could vaguely remember it. Suddenly the flames appeared from nowhere, she began to scream and cry for help but little did she know that she was actually screaming and crying while she was having this nightmare. 

Jack shot up from his bed as he heard what sounded like extreme screaming and shrills coming from the other side of the cottage. Jack immediately jumped out of the bed and opened his bedroom door before heading down the corridor. As he did so, the screams and shrills became louder and louder. Jack was still half asleep but after finally recognising where the screams were coming from, he managed to awaken fully. 

He opened Izzy's bedroom door, the screams continued but they were ear-piercing screams. At one point, Jack had to cover his ears because it was a little too loud. Noticing that Izzy was still asleep, Jack wanted to snap her out of her nightmare as soon as possible. He walked over to Izzy's bed and immediately picked her up from under the covers before holding her close to him and rocking her back and forth. 

"Izzy? Can you hear me? It's Jack. You're okay, I've got you. I won't let anything happen to you. I won't let this get to you. You're safe now, you're safe with me. I promise." He told her softly. Although Izzy's eyes were shut, in her nightmare she could picture Jack's voice soothing her. In addition, the flames from the fire were dying down because Izzy was listening to Jack's soothing voice. 

"Listen to my voice, Izzy. You're okay and safe. I'm holding you and nothing can happen to you." He told her. In her head, the flames had almost gone. Jack's soothing voice had managed to calm her down. 

"Izzy? Izzy?" Jack called over and over again, in hope to wake her up. He noticed that she was no longer shaking and her heartbeat was beginning to go back to normal. Soon, the flames in Izzy's head had completely gone. Just as they did, Izzy's eyes shot open. Jack noticed this and continued to comfort her as he slowly rocked her back and forth. 

"J-ack!" Izzy wailed, as she started to cry into him. Izzy was so frightened after what had happened that she didn't really know how to react. "Shh, Izzy, it's okay. You had a nightmare but it's okay now, you're here and you're safe." He reminded her as he held her close to his chest and snuggled her close. 

The light sniffles from Izzy could be heard as she was trying her hardest to calm down. Once she had stopped crying and sniffling, Jack turned to her. "Izzy? What was your nightmare about?" He asked her, although he had a clue himself of what it could've been about. "Fire." Izzy frowned, as she looked down at her knees. Jack rubbed her back, "I'm so sorry you were dreaming of that, Izzy. I really hope you could hear me and I hope that my voice was soothing." He told her. 

Izzy tilted her head. "Soo-ing?" She questioned. "Soothing is when something has a gentle or calming effect. For example, in your nightmare, could you hear me?" He asked her. Izzy slowly nodded. "And did I manage to calm you down to the point where you couldn't see the flames anymore?" He asked her. Once again, Izzy nodded slightly. "Good. I'm glad." He smiled slightly at her, as he looked at her. Izzy was staring right back at him. 

"Are you tired? Would you like to go back to sleep now?" Jack asked her softly. Izzy shook her head, "scared." Jack frowned slightly. "It's only three am, that's really early. Would you like to sleep with me tonight?" He asked her, as he looked down at her. Izzy nodded slightly before stretching her arms into the air and yawning. "Alright then." He smiled slightly, before carrying her to his room.

Jack managed to fall asleep before Izzy. Izzy had been placed on the right side of Jack, however, she still felt a little uneasy. She decided to crawl over to him and onto his chest. Jack could feel this and immediately put his arms around her as he comforted her. "Goodnight Izzy. Sweet dreams." He said, as he brushed her hair behind her ears before falling asleep again.

This time, Izzy was much more relaxed. "-ove Jack." she said in her sleep as she managed to fall asleep and stay asleep for the entire night.