Chapter Five

Allison told Barry everything. He knew all about Scott, the supernatural, how she could've died, until Lydia screamed and saved her, how Lydia had been in a not-very-healthy relationship with Jordan Parrish.

She didn't tell him, but she was scared. She was scared that she would get hurt by Barry how Lydia did by Jordan.

"You've been through so much for such a young age..." by the tone of Barry's voice, Allison knew that he felt really sorry for her.

"Yeah...but it's okay, I've gotten used to it." She held back the tears, trying not to let him think of her as weak.

He held her hand, still trying to keep her happy. "Allison, you know I'm not like that, Jordan guy...I would never hurt you."

Allison looked down, not sure if she could believe him. She looked down, and tears started falling. Immediately, Barry wiped them from her eyes.

"Allison, I won't hurt you," his voice was becoming softer and more soothing. "I promise." Allison looked up, and just stared at him for a few moments, partly from disbelief, partly from shock. "And I know we just met a couple months ago, but I won't let anyone hurt you, I'll keep you safe."

She couldn't stop the smile from forming on her face. They gazed at each other for what felt like hours, before he held both of her hands, and slowly leaned closer to her.

Allison's heart started pounding, not sure what to do. After hesitating, she leaned forward as well and kissed Barry.

They had both kissed someone before. But it wasn't as great of a feeling as it was at that moment. Allison felt her stomach do a turn when they pulled away.

Neither of them could hold back a smile at that point. "That was..." she didn't know how to finish.

"Pretty amazing." He finished for her.

Barry was correct. Allison also thought it was pretty amazing. Definitely different from kisses she had in the past.

Something about Barry just made Allison more comfortable and happy in life. She felt safer, more calm. He just had a protective aura about him that just made her always want to be around him.