She Dances

She dances. She dances as waves of drums and synths move her. The stress of the day falls away from her soul as her hips smoothly glide along the dancefloor. The dark corners and flashing lights are her eternal plane of existence. The drums beat through her heart, moving her feet.

She jumps from note to note flawlessly, and beautifully. The angels cry at her darkness, and demons hide their faces from the glare of her light. In the middle of the floor, its just her, the music that never ends, and an endless sea of lost souls, dancing in limbo. In her body is a blue pill which keeps her suspended in fantasy, and unaware of the cold external reality that envelopes her. In her mind, all is free, no worries in her heart, no abusive father, no failed goals or relationships for those things which drove her to dance eternally faded away with the beat of the drum.

Drops of water  on her from a leaky pipe above, continues to hit her face, breaking her trance. Panicking, she tries to find a way out, but can find no exit. She hears a faint beeping in her head, getting louder with every beat. The beeping, which ironically matches her heartbeat overwhelms her as it continues to get louder, overshadowing the endless synths and drums that moved her. She holds her head in agony and closes her eyes. She opens them and another blue pill appears before her. She puts it in her mouth and its resolved instantly.

Eyes dilated, she continues to dance as the loud beeping once again recedes into the background. The synthesizers once again washes over her. Entering her right ear, traveling to her brain and into the depths of her soul before exiting out of the left ear into reality. Her body, rests atop a hospital bed, tears from her mother drop upon her sleeping face. The heart monitor beeps throughout the room, adding color to the silence. Though externally she sleeps, inside her coma, within the deepest regions of her soul, she dances.