prelude

"i'm just the coaches 16 year old daughter. there's nothing special about me, i mean look at me."

he looked down and licked his lips with a slight smile and then looked up and smiled at me and then spoke.

"i am."

seventeen year old cassandra 'cassie' cole was living an almost perfect life.

raised by her single father, she was the definition of 'the ultimate it' girl; popular but not snobbish, there was not a person who didn't aspire to be her friend. every girl wanted to be her and every boy wanted to kiss her. scholastic achievements were also a thing that came easily to her, and anyone that walks the halls of arabello high school for girls could tell you that. cassie took the position of student council president as well as having the highest academic rank in her junior class. outside of school, cassie considered herself to have three homes; first, her actual home of course, where she lived with her adoring father, the second being cynthia's school of dance and music, as a seasoned dancer of thirteen years, cassie can easily say she probably has spent more time in the dance studio than she has anywhere else, but she didn't care. she was a dancer. when she was on stage, whether dancing an upbeat tap number or a beautiful lyric routine, she was dancing, and she was dancing, she was alive. lastly, cassie's third home, the rink. for the past eleven years, cassie's father has been the head coach for the arabello hockey team. since the age of five, cassie has followed her father to games and practices of the beloved hockey team. she was a little sister to every one of those boys and she loved it. cassie can not remember a time where she did not love her life. great friends, amazing grades, an adoring father, and not to mention, her practically perfect boyfriend.

seventeen year old cassandra 'cassie' cole was living an almost perfect life...
..that is, until mason mccue came along.