I smirk fixing my knee length skirt. She giggles and puts a sweater on Russell.
"Ok ok. You go ahead then. I'll catch up."

Smiling wide I ran to my room and grabbed my phone and bag. It's a habit grabbing my phone, but either way it can be used as a watch. Judy and Russell said their good byes as we walk the opposite ways of the sidewalk. Finally, I was making my way back to the place where all the crap started.

As I arrive at the mall, nobody seem to glare at me or even notice my presence. Deep down, I smiled proud. I reassured myself I wasn't going to get noticed and decided to check if I had money on me. Then it hit me, cashiers are going to realize my money's not from this time. I cursed quietly to myself and decided to walk in the mall hoping Judy would come to the rescue and think of a solution.

I walk in the mall with such confidence and a smile. There's certain people that are staring but probably for thinking I was insane. There was a good ol' jcpenny that I was walking to when all of a sudden men with pens, pencils and notepads run up to me. Without noticing, men with those big boxes as cameras had them aimed at me again. Blocked from every angle i stood in defeat as they began to investigate me.

"Miss! The Memphis News and the world want to know; what's your name?"

"Well... My name is Marie."

"Now please tell me beautiful, why were you wearing those clothes yesterday?"

Innocently I replied, "well I was as shocked to see everyone as they were with me. I mean the future is a completely different place. Woman wear skirts and shorts a lot shorter than what I had on yesterday. Shirts are see through or cut up and sometimes not even buttoned up. Fashion is completely different. Society is completely different, maybe not for the better but they are. So sir if you may ask that, I'm not so different in my present which is 2013. Don't get me wrong, when I was in the future I yearned for the 50's and 60's. In my opinion those eras were a lot better than the 70's, 80's and everything after!"

"Tell me then sweety, who's your favorite person in this era?!"

I smile, blushing.
"Mr. Elvis Presley, sir."

Expecting the reaction, all men looked at each other with a smirk or with an annoyed look on their face. Thankfully, Judy was pushing her way through the wall of reporters, but sweetly. She shouted, "excuse me" or "pardon me." every now and then. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder to shield me from the press and lead me to jcpenny.
"I'm sorry men but she's under my wing, not yours."

We made it into the store and I turn to Judy confused.

"Why the hell are they so obsessed?!"

Judy sighs, "they're savages. Anything they find out that's unknown they'll swarm it like a pack of vultures."

I laugh while beginning to look at racks of clothes.

"So.... What year am I in exactly?"

I turned my head lifting a brow.

"Well Marie, it's June 16, 1957"

Astonished, I stared blankly at the clothes on the rack. I whispered under my breath, "holy crap."

Judy tries consoling me with a hand on my shoulder.

"Come on sweety, lets go look for some nice clothes for you."

"But wait-my money's no use since it's from the future.."

Judy laughs a hearty laugh.

"Honey, these cashiers don't give a damn, they'll take Canadian money for all they care.. now come!"
She led me once again to more racks of clothes. Secretly, I was overjoyed about the fact that I was having a shopping spree in one of the best fashion eras ever. So I continued with Judy on my shopping spree and we both had a blast.