|| Memories and a Meal ||

Depuis le début

"I don't want to fight. At all. Not unless it's something important on the line. Why does Reiji hate me?" He softly speaks, sitting up. "I'm sure he doesn't hate you. He's just jealous. Things should get better later on. And there's no one making you fight. If you don't want to do it, don't do it. If they want to fight and you don't, just let them do what they please. They'll soon get bored, right?"

He was silent for a moment, "You're right. Thank you Kaoru, you always know what to say!" Shuu hugged her thankfully, cheering up a bit. "I'm happy you feel better now," She cupped his cheeks and kissed his forehead, "So shall we get going? Edgar's waiting down by the lake for us."

(Name) smiled softly at the memory, snapping out of the trance she was previously in for a minute. "Kaoru," Shuu waved his hand in front of her face, "You were spacing out. Again. Are you sure everything is okay? You can tell me, can't you? We're together, right?" She froze slightly; was this coincidence, or did he state it like that purposefully. Seeing the small grin on his face, she figured that it was the second option. "I'm just worried, that's all. I'll be fine, I will face this head on." (Name) spoke determinedly.

Smiling at the pair, Ayato left the room quietly, making the way to his own room. Dawn was coming anyway, and everyone needed to be well rested for tomorrow.

"Come on, let's sleep. We'll worry about this tomorrow." Shuu held her round the waist, pulling her to lie down on the comfy sheets. "You aren't going to your own room?" He smiled, "That'd be too troublesome. Plus I want to make sure you actually get sleep." In response, (Name) cuddled closer, kissing him sweetly and lingeringly, "Thank you. I love you." She span the ring on her finger to calm her worries, and she eventually fell asleep. "I love you too, Kaoru."
~~~~~
"Is everything ready?" (Name) spoke, spinning the ring on her finger. She hoped this all went right. The meal was prepared, the room and table nicely set, everyone well dressed and all weapons hid well. (Name) wore a plain, (Colour Choice) skater dress, accompanied with her new (Colour Choice) converse. Underneath the skirt she hid her knives and the gun, the sword was attached to the underside of the table.

The brothers wore shirt and tie, though the tie was of a different colour each: Subaru, grey; Ayato, red; Kanato, lilac; Laito, green; Reiji, dark blue/black; Shuu, yellow. And, like usual, Ayato, Laito, Shuu and Subaru seemed like they didn't know how to dress themselves properly. However, (Name) left this alone; there are more important things to be worrying about right now. Taking a few deep breaths, she concentrated on her music to keep herself calm. Shuu wrapped his arms around her waist, deeply kissing her. "It's going to work. You're so powerful, it's impossible for it not to work."

"We'll support you, no matter how much we're weakened." Laito smiled, giving her a friendly side hug. Before long, all of the brothers were wrapping their arms round her, some hesitantly, though all supporting her nonetheless. "We love you Kaoru, don't forget that."

Not so long after, three loud knocks resounded throughout the mansion, alerting everyone's attention. "I'll answer it." Reiji spoke, leaving to open the door. Everyone stood in the lobby, making everything all seem natural.

"Hello, my children." KarlHeinz spoke, his tone and aura reeking of authority. It was immediately distasteful; each and every one of the brothers just wanted to suck him dry of his blood. Or just kill him quickly, it's easier that way. "Hello Father." Shuu spoke, trying to seem polite. "This doesn't seem like you, son. Actually greeting me?" Ignoring KarlHeinz's statement, Shuu squeezed (Name)'s hand, his jaw clenching, as he led everyone to the dining hall, where he sat beside (Name). Taking his seat purposefully directly opposite to (Name), KarlHeinz smirked, resting his head on the back of his hands, his elbows supporting it on the table.

"I'm happy to see how close you've gotten to them all. Hopefully you will be marrying one of them soon. It does seem you are extra close to my eldest son." He spoke with a fake smile. Anyone could see it was false from a mile off. "This is not relevant. Let's eat, shall we?" Reiji spoke, from his usual spot at the end of the table.

"Of course, you do seem to have put a lot of work into this meal. Though, I do find something strange..." he trailed off, causing everyone to look at him. Has he already figured everything out? "I'm never invited over for a family meal. Is there some special occasion I have forgotten?" He gazed intensely at (Name) with amusement, who took all her effort not to squirm uncomfortably under his gaze.

Squeezing her knee under the table, Shuu gave her a nod and a look that said 'just bare with it for a little longer, you can do this'. "Ah, I know what it is!" He suddenly spoke, "You want to celebrate the lunar eclipse, don't you? It really is a magical time, though it is a shame that it weakens us vampires."

"Please, can we just enjoy the meal?" (Name) spoke slightly hopefully, pulling her headphones round her neck. "You know Kaoru, you were my best creation. And you became so powerful! I'm so proud. It's a shame none of the others turned out as good as you." Everyone's faces became angry, enraged. Does he have no care at all? He has just come out without remorse that he experimented on so many people, and also that his sons are failed experiments. How could he just say that? (Name) was close to exploding; the amused look on his face was aggravating her to no end. Just one more thing will definitely tip her off, she could just feel it.

Looking at the food in front of her, she moved it round on the plate with her fork, because she cannot afford to get tired during their upcoming fight. She was pretty sure KarlHeinz had noticed this, as he eyed her with a smirk. Everyone could tell he knew what was going to happen, he was just being cocky and letting it happen.'Well, it won't turn out the way he wants, that's for sure. Arrogant bastard.'

"I wonder, why aren't you eating your meal, Kaoru?" She looked up from her plate, glaring at him. Why was he so bothered if she ate or not? "I'm just not very hungry, that's all." (Name) spoke, her jaw clenched as the grip she held on the cutlery increased. "Really, because if I remember correctly, you become awfully tired after eating. You aren't planning something are you?"

(Name) glanced at her fiance momentarily, before gripping her hands on the edge of the table in front of her. The chair fell with a crash behind her as she abruptly stood, gaining everyone's attention. She slides the silver sword from its hold under the table, pointing it straight at KarlHeinz. A cold, determined, calculating glare set on her usually plain peaceful features, "Just hearing you judge every little thing I do pisses me off." She lowly growled, "Plus, how dare you insult us like that. We are NOT your experiments!" (Name) quickly swings the sword forward, to which KarlHeinz easily dodges by casually leaning aside.

"I challenge you to a battle. To the death."