Chapter 5: Penelope

"This is whewe woo live!" Chloe asks in awe. Heather nods and Chloe gasps.

I look at the large house. It's huge! Heather didn't even have to park her car, a man came and parked it for her.

"Okay girls, ready to go in?" Heather askes.

I nod. "Yeah! I'm weawwy excited! It wooks so big and giant!"

°°°

The inside is beautiful. When we opened the large double doors, the first thing we see is a large chandelier in the middle of the room. On the sides of the room are large white staircases which lead to upstairs, I think.

To the left, there is an open door. The inside appears empty, except for some hangers. Parallel to the large front doors, are more big doors, and they are open. It appears to lead to a large pool area. Wow this place is amazing!

"Mumu!" a girl around me and Chloe's age dashes out of the doors with the pool. She is wearing a light pink swimsuit with pink flip-flops. Her long black hair is pulled back into a high ponytail, her big green eyes shining with happiness. "Finally, woo awe home, I missed woo!" she hugs her tiny arms around her Heather. Releasing herself from the hug, she looks at us and asks, "Who awe they?"

Heather bekons us to come closer. "This is my daughter Vivian." she points to the girl with green eyes. "And they are Chloe and Penelope." she points to Chloe, then me. As she's pointing to Chloe, Chloe puts on her cute face.

"Well I'm going to make a snack for you guys. Vivian go change, then watch tv with Chloe and Penelope." Heather instructs.

°°°

We are sitting on the couch when Vivian flounces in the room. She is wearing a pale pink nightgown and her hair is out of the pigtails. On her feet are fluffy-looking-looking pink slippers. She sits in between us on the couch and puts up a remote. She presses a button on the remote and turns on the large tv. Flipping through channels, Vivian finally settles on a cartoon channel.

Now is my chance! I can finally have a friend! I open my mouth, but Chloe speaks first.

"Hewwo! I'm Chwoe!" Chloe sounds excited. "What's woor name?"

"I'm Vivian!" Vivian exclaims. "What's woor favowite cowor?"

"Pink!" Chloe's voice is loud.

"No way! Pink is my favowite cowor too!" Vivian's voice is louder. "Let's be friends!"

Chloe and Vivian squeal and talk to each other quietly, ignoring the cartoon. I face the cartoon and fume quietly.

Seriously? Can't I catch a break? I've only known Chloe for a day, and I wish she would just go away! I HATE HER!

Heather walks into the room. "Cookies!" she places the tray on the floor near the couch.

Chloe and Vivian scramble off the couch towards the cookies. I take my time. It's not like it will matter if I do hurry. Scowling, I pick up a cookie. It's good, chocolate chip.

Chloe just stole Vivian from me! Now they aren't even talking to me!

When we finish the cookies, Heather sends Vivian to bed.

"Goodnight Mumu, I wove woo!"she says sweetly, and skips off to bed.

Heather tells us we are taking baths and leads us to a bathroom.

°°°

I lay on the floor of Vivian's room. Heather said one of us could share a bed with Vivian, but Chloe jumped onto Vivian's bed before I could blink.

Heather gave us pink nightgowns like Vivian and braided our hair. At least something good came out of this, even if I do have to sleep on the floor. Even though I have a fluffy pillow and blankets, I really wanted to sleep on a bed.

I can hear Chloe and Vivian giggling on the bed. Yawning, I turn on my side and fall asleep.

°°°

A bright light shines into my eyes. Grumbling, I sit up and rub my eyes. I look around. It was the sunlight steaming though Vivian's window that woke me up. The rest of the room is pink with lots of stuffed animals. One thing that catches my eye is that Vivian has a computer, tv, and phone in her room. Totally not fair.

I smiff the air. The smell is familiar, something Mommy and Daddy ate, but I couldn't. Pancakes.

I follow the smell down to the kitchen. Chloe and Vivian are sitting on tall chairs eating pancakes and bacon.

Heather is wearing a white shirt with blue jeans. Simple.

She picks me up and places me on a tall chair, right in between Vivin and Chloe. She gives me a pancake and some bacon. Yum!

Chloe reaches over and takes my  bacon and eats it all. She gives me a smug smile. I roll my eyes and dig into my pancake, but Vivian tears a large chunk of my pancake off and shoves it into her mouth. Her cheeks are stuffed full.

A beeping sound emerges from Heathers direction. "Sorry girls gotta run." she kisses our foreheads. "Vivian's dad is here, he's in his room writing his story on Wattpad. Don't disturb him."
Then she scurries out of the kitchen. Moments later, the front door slames shut.

"Hew, wanna see something coowl? Vivian asks suddenly. "Come on, follow me! You too Penelope!" Vivian hops off her chair amd dashes out of the room. Chloe jumps off her chair to follow Vivian, and so do I.

°°°

"So this is a pool howse? Cool!" Chloe exclaims.

We are standing in what Vivian calls a pool house. To get there, we had to walk through the backyard. It's completely seperate from the main house.

Vivian and Chloe share a look. Then without warning, they start attacking me! They push me down and start jumping on me, hitting me, scratching my face.

"Woo desewve to pay fow awl woo did to woor owld Mumu and Dada!" Vivian yells.

"What! Thawts not even twue, Chw-" I try to explain, but Vivian cuts me off.

"I know everything, so don't even try to lie!"

They stand me up and push me towards a door. Vivian opens it. It's a small closet. The push me in and shut me in.

It's dark and dusty. "Pwease wet me out. Iwl be good." I plead.

The giggle. "No!" they yell gleefully.

Trying another approach, I cry out, "I need to pee! Pwease wet me out!"

Silence.

"Hewp...hewp!" I cough. Dust flies down my throat.

I can barely speak.