Kaylin Lunna

Kaylin Lunna and her foster mom, Dianna, walked through Toys R Us, with a few toys in the shopping cart. They hadn't been out for long, but they had no idea what to get Haiden Roselle for her birthday. It would be her first time celebrating with the Gratton's. And the first time celebrating her birthday where she gets actual gifts, and not just a pair of jeans or socks.

"I hear you haven't been very good in school," Dianna said a bit disappointed already, turning down the Barbie isle.

"I'm keeping my grades up," Kaylin Lunna said, not wanting to get into the conversation, knowing where it's going.

"You got written up twice last week, and you didn't tell me," she said, looking at the toys in the isle, and not looking at Kaylin Lunna.

"Oh yeah that.." she said, trying to sound oblivious to it.

"Would you like to explain to me what you did to cause you to get a write up? Because you know I won't accept those kinds of things to happen. I don't want you to set that kind of example for Haiden Roselle."

"Can we please do this later?" Kaylin Lunna begs in between clenched teeth.

"Honey, you're going to get written up for detention if this keeps happening. It's only two weeks into this marking period, and you're already getting into trouble again," she drew out the word again because she's gotten written up so many times before. "I got a call from the principal saying if you get written up one more time, you have to go to detention for a week."

"Well didn't he tell you then," she said, not really wanting to talk about it in Toys R Us with little kids running around them.

"He left it up to you to tell me," Dianna sighed and added, "And to give me the papers to sign."

"I just went into the boys locker room," she said, picking up a Barbie doll and putting it into the cart along with the other toys and kept walking.

"I know that the teachers would just tell you to get out and not write you up for that. So just tell me what really happened."

"Well I kind of watched all of them change, and the proceeded to make out with I think three of them. It was going to be four, one for every grade, but I got interrupted. Oh and not all at once," she added, not wanting Dianna to think that she was having some sort of crazy adventure.

"Oh dear Lord, Kaylin Lunna, what have I said about doing that sort of thing?" she disappointed said.

"Considering we haven't talked about it nothing," Kaylin Lunna said, trying to defend herself a bit.

"Just continue," she said, astounded by what Kaylin Lunna has been saying.

"The gym teacher came in, because I guess there was a lot of noise, and caught me making out with a half naked junior," she pauses and looks at her foster mom, who just nods disappointingly, "And so he got in trouble for making out with me, but not written up. And I got written up for making out with a half naked guy in the boys locker room. Which I have to add, it smelled pretty nice."

"What was the other write up for?" Dianna said, not really wanting to hear more.

"Got caught in the janitors closet," she bluntly said.

"Like what?"

"It's not really appropriate for Toys R Us," she admitted.

"Just tell me what it was."

Kaylin Lunna turns around to face Dianna,"I was caught kissing a girl in the janitors closet."

A girls mom on the other side of the she glared at her, and took her daughter away from Kaylin Lunna, not breaking eye contact with her.

"You know what I've said about interacting with girls like that," Dianna sighed.

"Everyone's a homophobe," she snorted.

"You talk to Patrick about this, I don't want to hear anymore," Dianna said, Patrick was Kaylin Lunna's foster dad.

"I'm just telling you what happened" she turned around and went down another isle quickly, wanting to leave the store as soon as she could.

"You can't just keep doing this, your whole school is against it," Dianna said, pushing the cart faster, to try to catch up to Kaylin Lunna.

Kaylin Lunna turns around to face Dianna,"The whole school isn't just the principal. And so are most of the kids," she turns back around and continues walking.

"Do you want to talk over it at lunch?" Dianna says, catching up to her and grabbing her arm lightly.

Kaylin Lunna looked at Dianna, with a pathetic look in her eye. "I don't want to talk about it at all."

Dianna let go of her foster daughters arm, shaking her head slightly,"Then you can talk about it to your dad when he gets back from work."

"I don't have a dad. He died. Remember," Kaylin Lunna said, looking down and walking away from Dianna. She walked out of the store, leaving Dianna behind in the isles of toys, filled with small, innocent, children.

Dianna payed for the few toys in her cart, totaling to $45.87. She left the store to find Kaylin Lunna standing outside the store in the cold November air, looking down at her phone texting a friend. "Let's go home then," Dianna said, walking past Kaylin Lunna and to her car. She followed  her after shoving her phone in her pocket. She got into the car and looking out the window, not wanting to talk to Dianna. 

"Let's just go home, and we can talk about it as a family," Dianna said, trying to break the silence of the twenty minute car ride. 

"I didn't think you'd want Haiden to know about it,," she said, not using Haiden's middle name, like Dianna had asked them to.

Dianna shook her head, "I just think it would be nice if we could all talk about things together, as a family."

"Okay, I guess we can do that," Kaylin Lunna said, reaching over to the control pannel in the car and turning up the radio, not wanting to talk anymore about it until she had to.

____Anothernote____

Sorry if it switches tenses a lot, I didn't really have time to read it over. I could have read it over, but I'm super tired and I can't really read through it again. I hope you enjoyed it, I should have the next chapter up soon.