A.R.A.

"Well, your vitals look good, your wounds are healing rather quickly, and your bones seem to be mending well. Try not to put your body under too much stress for the time being. For the first week, I want you in bed rest. I do want you to schedule a follow up for two weeks from now, just to make sure that you've healed completely and to check on everything." the Doctor says.

"Don't worry Doc, I'll make sure she stays in bed and doesn't do anything stressful." Damien answers before I can say anything.

"On that note, I do not want her stressed mentally either. She could very well have PTSD from her experience. It hasn't shown itself yet, but avoid stress because that may trigger it." the Doctor instructs.

Damien nods his head in understanding. Meanwhile, I internally panic about my future.

Last night after talking I wasn't able to sleep peacefully. I know that as my mate and my Alpha I should trust when Damien says he won't hurt me anymore or let anyone else hurt me, but after so many years of him and everyone else in the pack using me as a punching bag, I can't help but doubt him.

I flinch when I feel a hand on my shoulder, bringing me out of my thoughts. I look around and realize that the hand belong to Damien, and by the look on his face, flinching away may have hurt him.

"I'm sorry." I say quickly as I divert my eyes to the ground.

Damien sighs, "You don't need to apologize. I just wanted your attention. It's time to go. I was just trying to ask you if you're ready."

"Yes, Alpha." I whisper, still looking towards the floor. Again, Damien sighs.

"You don't need to call me 'Alpha' anymore. As my mate, you call me by my name."

"Yes, Al- I mean Damien." I quickly correct myself.

"Let's go. We have to stop by Gio's first before we head over to our house. The boy slept over there again last night so we have to go get him." Damien explains to me.

"Caleb." When I say that, he gives me a confused look.

"The boy. His name is Caleb." I elaborate.

"Let's go get Caleb then." He smiles as he holds out his hand to help me up. Hesitant, I stare at his hand for a minute before finally placing mine in it, releasing a breath from Damien as I do so. Damien then takes my hand and surprises me by putting it around his shoulders and I quickly grab onto his neck as he scoops me up and walks just outside the room to where a wheelchair is waiting.

"I- I- I can walk." I almost whisper.

"No, if you're on bedrest then you shouldn't be walking at all." Damien says in a voice telling me he isn't willing to compromise on this.

As he wheels me to my brother's place, people stare at me and Damien. Some people whisper, some look away scared, and some look at my with disgust and hatred in their eyes. The only ones who are looking at me with pride in their eyes is Mrs. Asher and the other omegas in the pack.

I start to get conscious of everyone's stares and whispers. I wrap my hands around myself in nervousness. I feel damien grip my shoulder with one hand then looks down at me giving me a reassuring smile, but when i look at him and he sees my face he starts to frown. When he looks around at everyone his face gets hard and a growl erupts from his throat. Everyone starts to look down and avert their eyes.