A.R.A.

4:30 am.

I slowly pull myself out of bed, careful not to hurt my already injured body more. Last night I passed out after being beaten by some of the girls in the pack. Since I wasn't as strong as other wolves, my ribs easily cracked and have been healing slowly.

Suddenly I whimper and bow my head as the latch to the attic opens up.

"Happy 18th Birthday Ana!" my older brother Gio says while handing me a plate of food and a cupcake with a candle.

"Make a wish!"

So I close my eyes and make the same wish I make every year on my birthday. 'I wish that my mate would find me and save me from here.' Now that I'm 18 I can find my mate.

"I have a surprise for you." Gio says while his eyes shine with amusement at my puzzles face.

" I have to hurry and get started on breakfast for the pack. I don't have-"

"Oh, just shut up, close your eyes, and turn around." He quickly says, cutting me off.

I huff and do as he says quietly. Soon I feel something cold on my collarbone and going down my back a little. I bring my hands up to feel my present.

"You bought me a locket?" I ask in disbelief and awe, tears swelling in my eyes.

"Don't cry please. If you look inside, it shows the two people that love you the most. Me and-"

"And mom." I quickly choke out as the tears finally spill over.

I rush over and plant a kiss on my brother's cheek as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"It's perfect."

"Alright, now I need to leave to start on breakfast and you need to gather your clothes so that I can wash them." I say after a few minutes of crying and thanking my brother.

"Nope. It's your birthday and I am going to help you. You might as well give up arguing now because I always win this argument every year." He says before I can even respond.

"Fine. Just be careful with the laundry. You don't want a repeat of last year. And you are not allowed to touch the kitchen." I say giving in.

"I didn't know my smell would get on her clothes and throw her mate into a jealous rage trying to kill me. I still beat him anyway. Plus, why can't I be in the kitchen?" He replies.

"First off, obviously your sent would get on her clothes. Secondly, it doesn't matter that you won anyway. Third, because you burn water and cereal." I give him a look saying 'are you really gonna start now?'

"I made your breakfast."

"You did not. Marie made it and I can tell because not only is it actually edible, but she put a note on the tray saying 'Happy Birthday Cia' and you don't call me 'Cia'. You never have." I answer.

We then get up and leave the attic together and get started on the chores.

Once in the kitchen a blonde and gray haired zombie is already at the stove cooking.

"Good morning Marie. Thanks for breakfast." I say as I walk up to her giving her a hug and kiss.

" This mornin' ain't good 'til you've whipped up that delicious coffee of yours." She grumbles moodily.

I laugh as I start on her coffee. Soon after, we finish breakfast and coffee as people crowd the dining hall.

Marie dismisses me to " help that dim witted and useless hunk you call a brother."

I turn into the laundry room just in time to stop him from pouring all the detergent into one load.

After averting the laundry crisis, I help him put everyone's clothes away. The only one he refuses to let me do is Alpha Damien's. He says he doesn't want that a-hole ruining my special day.

Around 8 I start to clean up the backyard. After a while of picking up trash I'm soon surrounded by the stench of the pack sl*ts.

"Ugh. Look what Oscar the Grouch kicked out after saying it was too dirty. " Kathy screeches.

"I can not believe that that thing is related to Giovanni!" Pearl sneers.

"Leave her to her job. Soon enough she'll just die or run away. She's so pathetic and weak. It's only a matter of time. But don't worry, slave. I'll be there so that your brother can sleep away the pain of losing his sister. You're the only reason he hasn't been with me yet. It's fine cause in the meantime I get to listen to Damien's promises to make me his Luna. And once I am Luna getting rid of you will be first on my 'to-do list.'" Cynthia states with a false sweetness in her voice. The Queen of the pack sk*nks, Cynthia sleeps with everything with a pulse. Including girls.

They laugh evilly as they saunter away, leaving me to pray to the moon goddess for my mate.

Then it hits me.

In this backyard packed with people my nose picks out one alluring scent.

My wolf starts clawing at my head desperate to meet her mate.

I search the crowd as quickly as possible, trying to figure out who smells like fresh, new books and chocolate.

Soon I make it to the porch where a crowd of guys are gathered, including Gio. And in between those men are the object of my desire.

My mate.

My Alpha.

Damien Bellomi.

~~~~~~~

As a great fictionally spider once wrote, Salutations. A picture of Anastasia's locket is above including a song that, although doesn't really have the same vibe as the chapter, is there to celebrate her birthday.

*clears throat* ~in movie trailer voice~ Next time, will Anastasia finally get her wish or will Damien choose status and pride over true love. Stay tuned to find out.