D.B.

"I, Damien Bellomi, reject you, Anastasia Rose Ant-" I say before being cut off by the snarls of rogues.

I finally let go of Anastasia's hands and go straight into defense mode along with the other pack warriors. We all shift and start fighting.

'Make sure the women and children get in the house.' I mind link the warriors.

'Aaliyah and Grayson, you two stay with the women and children to protect them. Make sure that all of them are accounted for.' I mind link the two warriors.

As I'm fighting the rogues I see a mop of brown hair run past me. As I go to turn around, a rogue pounces on me. I quickly shake him off and throw him into a tree, forgetting about the distraction.

Soon after, as the fighting is dying down, I feel a sharp pinch in my side. I turn looking for the source, but find no wolves close enough to touch me. I stay looking around, puzzled as to what had happened, but am snapped out of my daze by a loud howl being heard through the woods.

When hearing the howl, all rogues started to retreat. Turning around and running back to where the came from.

As I head back an uneasy feeling settles in my stomach. Trying to think of what's wrong I mindlink Aaliyah and Grayson.

'Do a quick headcount and make sure everyone is accounted for.'

Then I mindlink the pack warriors to see if there are any casualties within the group, but everyone answers back quickly.

'Alpha there seems to be someone missing.' Aaliyah says.

My stomach starts to fill with dread as I hear her words.

'Well who is it?' I ask quickly not liking the feeling in my stomach telling me something is wrong.

'Actually sir we need to go through all the logs to see who because at this time we've only counted who's here. We haven't actually gone through and seen who is here, just how many.' She replies quietly.

'Well then don't you think you should hurry and check!' I growl.

'Yes Alpha. It'll take a couple hours though.' She replies.

'Then you should start now, don't you think!' I retort already aggravated by the conversation.

'Something isn't right. Go find mate. Now.' Nathan says in the back of mind.

'I know something's wrong but I have more important things to do.' I say pushing blocking my wolf out.

'Gio, I need you to gather some pack members and sift through the rogues here. Burn the dead and imprison the wounded.' I say through our link. After waiting a few minutes though, I get no answer.

"Gio!" I yell out loud impatiently. Again I get no answer.

"Mai, Warren, and Leo!"

"Yes Alpha."

"Burn the dead rogues, imprison the living." I order before going in search of my beta.

I walk into the pack house in search of Gio. As I'm walking inside a little girl comes running towards me. I soon recognize her as Aaliyah's little sister.

"Alpha! Alpha!" She squeals hugging my legs.

"I'm glad to see that your safe, Kimmy." I say as I bend down to pick up the five year old.

"Me too. But I would've been killed if she didn't save me." She replies dramatically.

"Oh really now. Well you know your sister would never let anything happen to you." I reply sweetly.