III

I smiled at the little earl in front of me. He is just so adorable.
"C'mon Vincent, let's go get some desserts for your kid." He came closer and whisper something that I could easily heard. "There are beauties beside the buffet table." I almost literally face palmed when I heard this.

It seems that they are very close to each other as they are addressing each other with their first name.

The Earl sighed when he heard what his friend said. "Baron, we have business to do here and I'm with Ciel." He said then switched his gaze into his son.

I once again interrupted their conversation. What on earth is wrong with me? I keep on interrupting someone else's conversation. I sighed and politely ask Mr. Vincent. "Earl Phantomhive, could I borrow Ciel for a minute? I want to show him something that I'm sure he will like." I showed him the mose sincere smile I have ever made in my entire life. He looked hesitant at first but eventually agrees.

"Then, I shall leave Ciel to you Ms. Veloris and please be back after an hour." He showed me a smile that any girl would fall for but except for me. His friend seems to be delighted with my suggestion as he pulled the earl away from us.

I took a glance at them and avert my gaze to the little earl beside me. "..Uh, Hi to you little cutie~" The last word curled a little bit as I let the excitement within me out. I really would have never thought that Vincent would trust his child to me, like seriously? We just met but anyway, I still have a little cutie over to entertain.

"Hello~ It's a pleasure meeting you Miss Veloris." I was shocked for he already knows how to greet someone formally but it will be really awkward if we don't drop the formal vibes around us.

"Y'know, it's fine to drop that formality. You can call me onee-san if you want. I can be your onee-san. I've heard you're an only child, isn't it lonely?" I asked him as I patted his head. He looks so adorable, I can't stop myself from letting out a giggle.

(Onee-san; means older sister)

I honestly didn't heard from anyone that he's an only child. I was just guessing because if he isn't an only child, why bring only him?

Well, the other child might be sick. My conscience but in. That might be true but my instincts say otherwise.

He looked up even though I was bending my upper body to talk to him. That's how small he is. So small, so fragile.

"No, not at all Onee-san, because Lizzy is there to play with me. She's an adorable girl, a girl with the same age as me. I love having tea with her at the garden!" He keeps on smiling and I started wondering, does he never get tired smiling so.. genuinely?

I just sighed when I got too sentimental. I held his little hand and guided him to the place where the chocolate fountain is. There were white and gold linen fabric placed on the table that enhanced the beauty of the room. "What do you want to dip in the chocolate?" I asked him. He pointed his little index finger towards the blue fluffy candy.

"Okay, I'll just give you a little because kids like you are prone to cavities. Do you want to go to the dentist?" I warned him and he shaked his head vigorously saying he doesn't want to.

"Good." I gave him one. I reached for a mini plate and placed different kinds of candies that can be dipped in the chocolate. Ciel slightly pulled my dress, I looked down as he looked up to me. "Why do you have so many, onee-san? While I only have one? Isn't that fair?" My eyes went wide as chuckle left my mouth. He pouted his little lips.

"Ciel, I can't get cavities."

"Then, why can I?" He asked curiously. His eyes showed mixed of curiosity and a little hint of sadness.

"Because, you're still a little boy. I'm a lady, I'm not prone to cavities." I explained to him.

"Then, I want to be a grown up like you too so I can eat many desserts without having any cavities." He gladly said.

Oh Ciel, so innocent. So naive. I thought. When you've reached puberty, you'll realize how fun it is to be a child. My thoughts were disturbed by the Earl calling out for me.

"Ms. Marie Veloris?" I turned around to see a very handsome man smiling.
I gave him a smile and politely answered. "Yes, Earl Phantomhive?" Thanks to the good moral and right conduct lessons I've learned way back then before I have the disease that my mother despises so much.

It still hurts thinking about it but I need to get my life going.

"Pardon me, but we need to get home now. It's getting quite late and Ciel needs to rest for he doesn't have a very healthy condition." Sadness filled my heart. I don't know why but this kid got attached to me so soon. An hour haven't past yet.

I know he's not as healthy as he looked. I just know it. It seems that the Earl noticed the sadness that I didn't want anyone to know. "Don't worry, you can come visit anytime. I think that Ciel has gotten close to you." He gave me another heartwarming smile. The news made my heart flutter. I'm genuinely happy for the first time in so many years.

"Really?!" I once again unconsciously raised my voice. I hurriedly covered my mouth with my right hand. The earl and Ciel chuckled. "Pardon my unladylike attitude. That was very unsightly of me." I excused myself.

"No worries m'lady. So, we need to get going now. The carriage is waiting. Ciel, say good bye to Ms. Veloris."

"See you again Onee-san!" Ciel smiled widely even though there's a faint sadness in his eyes because of us parting ways. It makes me happy that I'm not the only who's feeling lonely.

That's very bad of me. I feel bad for feeling relieve that he is also sad. I waved my hand at them as they turned their backs at me. Even though there are many people here, they still stand out.

They clearly matched this beautiful venue. Even though I've hated beautiful living beings for they act so arrogant just because they're a little beautiful than average, These are the first people I don't despise despite of them being so beautiful.

I noticed the old man that has glasses took a glance at them. The disappointment is visible in his face. It is so visible. It's as if he's ready to follow them to the ends of the Earth.

I got a very bad feeling about this.