eight

the wedding day

Taylor paces around her dressing room nervously as she fidgets with her veil. She tries to control her breathing by taking long, deep breaths and closing her eyes. The nerves mixed with excitement are too much to handle. She hears a soft knock on the large wooden doors and it startles her. She whips her head around, hoping it would be Karlie to help calm her nerves. When a head of brown hair pops into the room a smile dances upon her face.

"Selena! It's been so long! How are you?" She opens her arms as the brunette runs over to her, with the largest smile on her face. She is wearing the lavender bridesmaid dress her and Karlie picked out for Selena and Cara to wear.

"Oh you look beautiful! I was so excited when I got your call about the wedding, kind of surprised when you said it was a week away, though. What's up with that?" She teases.

Taylor laughs and sits down on the plush couch sitting in the middle of the room. Selena takes a seat next to her. "Karlie and I weren't planning on doing bridesmaids so it was a last minute decision. But, I'm so glad you're here!"

"I'm glad I'm here to support you on your big day, now give me a twirl so I can properly look at your dress!"

Karlie is sitting in an extremely uncomfortable chair as Cara applies the finishing touches to her hair and makeup

Karlie is sitting in an extremely uncomfortable chair as Cara applies the finishing touches to her hair and makeup. "So," begins Cara, "what made you chose a barn wedding?"

"I've always thought they were so beautiful and when Taylor asked where we wanted the venue, this instantly came up."

Cara nods her head, agreeing. "Well, it looks wonderful, and I think the guests are really going to like it. My favorite part is the lights."

Karlie asks, "do you think Taylor is nervous?"

Cara is taken back by the question. "I think every bride is nervous on her wedding day. I'm surprised you're not freaking out right now."

They both laugh before Karlie says, "I've been trying to keep it under control so I don't sweat off the makeup."

"Well, you look absolutely stunning and I'm proud of myself for the hair and makeup."

Whenever she looks at this dress, she thinks of the fond memory of when she went shopping with Andrea

Whenever she looks at this dress, she thinks of the fond memory of when she went shopping with Andrea. They got to know each other so well, and she was so happy to be able to call such a loving, wonderful person, her mother-in-law.

When she told that statement to Andrea, she had a fit. She didn't want to be thought of as the in-laws. Knowing she is missing her mother, Andrea kindly told her, if she would accept, she would gladly take over that role in Karlie life. She was so happy and touched. She began to cry in the middle of the showroom.

Ever since then, she has been ecstatic whenever she thought of slipping her dress on. The dress it self, she knew was the one the minute she saw it. It's completely her style, and she doesn't think it could match her personality any more than it does. Even the way it hugs her slim waist makes her never want to take it off.

A knock on the door is heard through the room, before Andrea pokes her head in. "It's time, ladies!" She smiles.

Karlie feels a wave of nerves coming on as she stands up and begins taking deep breaths. Cara leads them to the door after grabbing their flower bouquets and helping her attach the veil. "Karlie, you look amazing and you're gonna do great!"

Karlie gives her a reassuring nod before they leave the room to begin the ceremony. Karlie walked down the isle in the hands of Andrea, and Taylor walked last, scott escorting her. She looked gorgeous and Karlie couldn't help but stare.

They wanted to make the ceremony quick so their guests wouldn't get bored, and so they could have more time to party. When it came to their vows, but were an excited mess.

"Taylor," Karlie begins, "the moment I saw you, I knew there was something special in you. I realized it was your heart. You have this way of opening it to people and helping them when in need, opening your home, even. You care for people without wanting anything in return, all while being strong if they decide to turn away. I won't turn away. I promise I won't turn away, because I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up in your arms every morning and go to sleep by your side every night. I want to be with you when you are having ups and downs at work, or just in general. I just want to be there for you, and thank you for letting me. I love you so much words cannot describe the way I feel in my heart. I want to grow old with you, and I can't wait until we start a new life together and make new memories."

A tear trickles down both girls eyes and their disconnected their hands for a second to wipe them away. Taylor takes Karlies hand once away and grasps it in hers. "That was beautiful, by the way." This earns a chuckle from the audience. "When I proposed to you that night at dinner with my parents, I knew I was making the best decision. I don't usually open up to people in a romantic way, but when it came to you, you made it all easier. You're here for me whenever I am going through a hard time, and you hold my hand and guide me through it. You help me give second chances, sometimes to people who don't always deserve it, and most of all, you help me get through life. I want to wake up in forty years by your side and be able to hear our grandchildren making a mess with out kitchen, and our kids struggling to get them to stop. I want to walk down there and pick up the littlest one and tell them "you are an angel because your mommy takes after Karlie in every way. She is kind, she loves generously, she has the biggest heart, and she cares deeply for others. And that's why I love her" that's why I love you."

Both girls wipe away another eye, and Taylor turns her head to see her mother doing the same. She gives her the biggest smile and a thumbs up, causing Taylor to chuckle.

They say 'I do' and pull each other into a passionate kiss, not caring who is looking. The crowd jumps up and cheers, happy for the new married couple. They pull away and hold each other's hands and walk down the isle.

They go up into the dressing room Taylor got ready in, and signed some papers with their lawyer, to officiate the wedding. He leaves, wanting to give them privacy on their special day. Karlie pulls out a champagne bottle and pops it open, earning an excited laugh from Taylor.

She pours two glasses and gives one to Taylor. "Here you go, my beautiful wife."

"Wow, I love the sound of that," they chuckle as take a sip of their drinks. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too. Now lets go party!"