three

Disclaimer: This story is based on a legal aspect, but I only wrote this because I thought it was a good idea. Looking back on it, I shouldn't have published this at all. I don't know any of the legal stuff that goes into all of this. SO FROM NOW ON there won't be a lot of it. It's just supposed to be Kaylor getting through this together and falling in love. So if your reading this for the legal stuff (and there hasn't been much) you should just stop reading this because from now on its mostly gonna be domestic Kaylor with a little bit of signing documents.

ALSO: I just started high school, so don't expect recent updates. All updates are short because some is better than none :).

"So I was able to get all of the documents you need to sign for the marriage. I left them on your desk. Karlie is in your office waiting for you," Jourdan informs her boss after she arrives.

"Thanks, Jourdan."

Taylor shuffles through her office door and spots Karlie sitting on her desk with a cup of coffee in her hand. She is wearing a light brown suede skirt with buttons down the front and a white, long sleeved, v-neck sweater and knee high black boots. Without a bra.

Taylor feels a flutter of butterflies in the pit of her stomach when Karlie turns to her

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Taylor feels a flutter of butterflies in the pit of her stomach when Karlie turns to her. "Good morning, Tay. I thought I would stop by so we could sign these together."

Taylor clears her throat, clearly flustered. "Yeah, of course." She can't help but look at the taller woman's chest.

The girls sit down together at Taylor's desk and sign each document on their respective lines. "First document I've lied on." Taylor remarks sarcastically.

"Shh, don't let anyone hear you," Karlie plays along.

"The first of many."

"You got that right," she giggles and takes a more serious tone, "my best friend, Cara, is in town today and she really wants to meet you. Are you free for lunch?"

Taylor nods her head. "Yeah, I would love to meet her. I have an appointment before lunch and I don't know what time it will finish though."

"Oh, ok. How about you text me when you're finished with it?"

"That'll work. I can come home after lunch, too, I don't have much work to get done that needs to be in the office."

Karlie couldn't help the large smile creep onto her face from the word Home. "Ok, I'll let Cara know."

Karlie left Taylors office soon after promising to meet for lunch. Karlie was excited for Taylor to meet her best friend.

While Karlie was riding back to their apartment to finish unpacking and get ready for Cara, Taylor had other plans. She pressed the button on her phone and Jourdan immediately picked up.

"Yes, Taylor?"

"I know I have an important meeting but I need you to reschedule it for another time. Tell them it is a family emergency. I need you to go somewhere important with me right now. Pull the car around after you call." Taylor demands.

"Of course, I will call them now then get my coat, Taylor."

The blonde hangs up the phone and takes her cell phone out, googling the closest Tiffany and Co. to her office.

Jourdan is quick and before either of them know it they are sitting in the back of Taylors black Range Rover driving away from their office building.

"Where exactly are we going?" Jourdan asks.

"I am picking out an engagement ring for Karlie," she replies while responding to emails on her iPhone.

"What?" Jourdan does a double take. "Can I speak to you as a protective friend, not as your employee?"

Taylor looks up from her phone. When she sees her stare she turns it off and gives the brunette her full attention. "I'm listening."

She takes a deep breath. "I love Karlie like she is my sister. If anything were to happen to her I would go insane. She means so much to me. Please, don't hurt her during this whole marriage ordeal. When she falls, she falls hard and fast, and this time I don't know if I can pick up the pieces, again. She gives her heart to a person too easily, so please, just don't hurt her."

...

After looking at more rings Taylor can count, she finally chooses one. It has a silver band with diamonds, one large oval sized one with small ones around it. She already knows Karlie will love it.

She makes it back to the apartment an hour later with the small turquoise bag hidden in her purse

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

She makes it back to the apartment an hour later with the small turquoise bag hidden in her purse. She hears two voices in the main family room. One being her future fiancé, the next is British, who she assumes to be Cara.

She silently closes the door and runs up the stairs to her shared bedroom. She takes the ring box out of the bag and stashes it in her underwear drawer, hoping Karlie won't peek in there. She smirks at the thought of the blonde going through her panties. She gently closes the drawer and leaves the room.

She walks down the stairs to greet Karlie and their guest. As she walks into the family room, Karlie looks up, and immediately the largest smile appears on her face.

"Hey, I thought you would be home later?" Karlie stands up to give Taylor a hug. Taylor wraps her arms around her and takes in Karlies smell. She smells of cookies and flowers, her favorite mix.

"I decided to leave a little early to spend more time with you and meet Cara," she turns to the Britt. "Hey, I'm Taylor."

"Hey, I'm Cara, which you already know. Karlie has told me so much about you!"

"All good things I hope," they all laugh together.

...

Taylor and Karlie said their goodbyes to Cara almost an hour ago, and are now climbing in bed to go to sleep for the night.

Karlie is beyond exhausted after entertaining their guest for half the day, and Taylor can't keep her mind off of the little box in her underwear drawer.

Tomorrow, she tells herself.

Karlie reaches to her side and turns off the lamp on the nightstand. She snuggles up to Taylor so her front is up against her back. Taylor sighs in content and says, "goodnight, Karlie."

"Sweet dreams, Tay."

Through Troubling Timesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें