My Custom, Personalized Hell

ALISHA’S POV

Stares. That’s all I got from the moment I stepped into the gym. Raj was the only one who spoke to me like I was a human and not a green, three- eyed alien. But, I was used to being treated like crap. I shot each of them daggers, and carried on with my conditioning. Thankfully, I could keep my I pod on while running and stretching.

“Hey girl. Good to see you did condition when you were gone.” Raj said, joining me on the uneven bars stretches.

“How did you…”

“There is a thing called internet, you know. You should try it.”

“What the hell? There are reports of me conditioning in Tokyo and LA?” I yelled, stopping the pull ups in mid air. I should have known. When will they ever stop getting all the ‘latest information’ from their ‘sources’? They are eating, they are playing, they are sleeping, they are partying. Didn’t they get anything better to write about?

“Reports and pictures.” He smiled sadly. He knew I was not a big fan of people sneaking in cameras for random pictures of us doing random things on a random day.

“Puck Faparazzi.” I mumbled, and Raj burst out laughing.

“Yup, I’m getting a tee saying that!” I giggled, and continued. The rest of the day, rather evening was the same. Stares, shooting daggers, some talking, lots of falling off. My back still hurt, but that wasn’t even my biggest problem. Gym was something I could tolerate. What was I gonna do at school tomorrow?

*next morning*

I felt like crap. My back hurt because of all the falling around yesterday at house and gym. I managed to hurt my ankle too. Only Sohail was home. And he was being a jerk. And I was certain he got home a girl yesterday, so I don’t even want to see him today. Boys will be boys.

And I had to go to school today.

Truth be told, the guys were fine with me not going or homeschooling or even taking a break for a few days. But I was determined to carry on with life. I had to tell them to let me go to school. Dumb me. Stupid me. I cursed.

I slipped on the uniform and accessorized more than I would usually. I wore tights coz it was bitterly cold, and some bracelets. With my hair in a high ponytail, I skipped down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and threw the fridge door open.

“Good morning. I’ll get you some good food.” Our other cook smiled. What was his name? I didn’t remember, but he was new. The old one left us coz of some ‘personal issues.’ Anyways, the new dude was cool too. He knew about all our eating habits.

“Thanks.” I half smiled and started eating the fruit bowl he placed in front of me. I checked my phone for messages or calls.

(Selena text) Gossip update?? Urgent need.

(Salman text) Left for stuff urgently. Sorry! L

(Nick text) We need to Skype. Joe will drive me insane! :/

(Joe text) Nick is being grumpy!! :/ help!

(Kevin text) I’m texting coz I know the other 2 did too! So ssup?

All the usual stuff.  My day would not be normal if there weren’t tons of texts in my inbox in the morning. They knew I wouldn’t reply to them at 2am in the morning. But noooo! They had to text me. I quickly replied to all of them. Then, chugging down my juice I left out the door. Leo was waiting, smiling. He opened the door and helped me in. Mike got in, and I was relieved. I was not in the mood to take some bloody strict and boring people.