Haiden Roselle

Sometimes, when blood can’t bond people together, love does. And love can bring people closer together than blood ever could. Haiden Roselle, the youngest of three foster kids, knew that she couldn’t have everything she wanted, but she knew she had an overabundance of love; in a family, even if it wasn’t blood related. With an older sister and brother, in the foster home, and a loving dad and mom, she had everything she could ever wish for. Haiden didn’t ask for anything more than to be loved, and as long as she was loved, she was happy. Although sometimes, she felt as though she was alone, and that no one loved her. Especially before she came into the Gratton family, she moved from house to house, each family rejecting her because she wouldn't talk to them about anything. She was never a bad kid, although she sometimes got mad and threw fits; although that was with every little kid, and even more for kids that had to move about every week. 

"Kaylin Lunna get your shoes on, we're going out!" Haiden Roselle's foster mom yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" Kaylin Lunna said, jumping down from the top bunk in Haiden Roselle and hers room. She turns to Haiden Roselle, sitting on the bottom bunk, playing with a bracelet on her wrist, "I'm going to the store to get you crap. How old are you turning?" Kaylin Lunna normally wasn't rude to Haiden Roselle, but she didn't like to shop, and that put her in a bad mood. 

"Eight," Haiden Roselle said, holding up eight fingers and smiling. 

"I never got presents when I was eight," she said a bit bitterly, walking out of their room, "But I guess it'll be good for you, not having to live with horrble people until you're twelve."

Kaylin Lunna never knew what it was like to have a real family, with loving people that cared about her. That was until she came into the Gratton family, she was the first foster kid that they took in, She was twelve, and hadn't been in a stable home for five years. Moving from place to place, a new house every month was hard, But now, as a sixteen year old, and living with the Gratton's for four years, she had recovered from trying to hide herself from everyone. Now, she doesn't stand out, but she doesn't hide form everyone. The Gratton's haven't changed her though, she's still the girl who  talks in class, and gets in trouble all the time; but she changed from wanting to die everyday, to  someone who wanted to try.  

Haiden Roselle and Kaylin Lunna never thought they'd meet anyone like each other. But when they did, their lives changed. They felt close together, they felt like they could relate because they'd both been through so much. Even though Kaylin Lunna was fifteen, and Haiden Roselle was eight, they knew that they could trust each other

Kaylin Lunna soon left with their foster mom, and the only people left in the house were Haiden Roselle and Cameron Dunn. Cameron was sixteen, and was blind, but he could find his way around really well, and he almost never needed help. Being the only one out of three that was home schooled, he didn't have any friends. But that didn't seem to bother him, because he had Haiden Roselle and Kaylin Lunna. 

Haiden Roselle got up from her bed, taking off her bracelet, that was a bit too big, and setting it under her pillow, walked over to Cameron Dunn's room and knocked on the door. He had assigned everyone a knock, so that he knew who was there. Haiden Roselle's knock was the knock three times and then pound on the door once with her fist. Kaylin Lunna's knock was to knock two times, then pause, and then knock three times. His mom and dads knock was just five knocks and to come in. Although he knew who was coming to the door by their footstep patterns. He always said if wasn't blind he would be a detective. 

"What do you want Haiden Roselle?" he asked politely, going to the door and opening it.

"I just want to talk," she chimed. 

"I am doing work, Haiden Roselle," he said, pointing a wall, when he was really supposed to be pointing to his desk, on the other side of the room.

"But it's the weekend," Haiden Roselle piped, wanting someone to talk to.

"Oh Haiden Roselle, I thought I explained to you about me doing work."

"Can I at least come and sit by you?"

"I suppose so, miss Haiden," he said, not addressing her middle name.

"Yay!" she screeched, running inside his room and jumping onto his bed.

Cameron Dunn laughed, and went to go sit down at his desk, "Now you have to promise me to be quiet, because this is important okay?"

"I can never promise to be quiet Cameron Dunn," she joyfully said.

"At least try to," he sighed, turning to his work.

Trying to stay quiet, but failed at attemping to, Haiden Roselle started hum Daniel In The Den. She listened to whatever Kaylin Lunna listened to, which recently was Bastille. Cameron Dunn shook his head and chuckled under his breath, trying to ignore Haiden Roselle. "It's my birthday next week," she tried to whisper, not wanting to interrupt him too much.

Cameron Dunn nodded and smiled, "And what do you want for your birthday?" he asked, not looking up from his work.

"To be adopted," she said cheerfully, "Just like you."

"Haiden Roselle," he whispered, not wanting to put her hopes down,"I was 16 when I was adopted, and you're only eight, I think you might have to wait a while."

"Well then I want another brother," she said, still cheerful.

"Why would you want a silly brother?" he laughed, looking in the direction of her voice.

"So you have someone like you to play with," she smiled, hoping that Cameron Dunn could hear the smile in her voice. 

_____End note crap from Author____

Hopefully you liked it, I am going to try to add to this every other week. So if you have ANY input on it. just comment on it.