15

it was monday. the most dreadful day of the week. sujin has four lectures to attend and a test for her physcology subject.

her weekends were spent by staring at her phone that was sitting by her text book. it was a huge distraction.

deep down, she hoped that jongin would make a new account or ask his friends to add her on kik so they could talk it out. but she guessed that she set her hopes too high.

she has around 2 hours before class starts. she has always been an early bird. even before she enters university. at school, she was one of those few early birds. it has been a habit for her.

she walked in the campus' library to get some peace so she could actually study. she doesn't feel good with the crowd and at home, so she decided to go there.

she sat at a corner that doesn't seem to be occupied by any students. it was a great place!

she spreads her books across the table and took a huge breath before starting.

today she left her phone at home because she knows that it'd be a distraction for her to study. for once, she felt relaxed.

so relaxed that she could feel her eyes fluttering shut.

"ah, maybe i should take a quick nap. i'll wake up in 30 minutes." she mutters as she lay her head down on her forearm and yawn.

little did she know, 30 minutes has passed and it was almost for her test.

this morning jongin dressed up quite neat. of course, he's meeting sujin for the first time (more like showing himself to her for the first time).

jongin came to the campus quite early and walked around to search for sujin.

they haven't talk almost a month now and he never knew her schedule at campus. heck, he knows nothing more than just her name and where she was from. that's probably it.

he walked around for an hour and he thought he'd go for a quick snack at the cafeteria.

he walks in and was greeted by the heart-warming coffee scent.

jongin walks straight to the counter to order his favourite drink: caramel latte. it was also the one he gave to sujin. he was happy that sujin liked it.

unconciously, he smiled to himself, totally forgotten that he was in a public place.

"hello, welcome to—"

he looks up.

"eh, aren't you kai?" the lady with a short-length hair and fair skin behind the counter asked. jongin fiddled with his fingers, doesn't know how to exactly answer her.

"wait a minute!" she suddenly says.

jongin froze.

"you're jongin! the one that gave sujin latte!" she says as she points at him then starts clapping her hands like a seal.

jongin was confused. how does she know? is she a friend of sujin?

wait, she looks familiar.

oh! it was her!

jongin smiled then nodded. "oh, hey! you look different with that outfit, uh.. chae?"

the girl—chae, he assumed, just smiled and blushed.

"uh, yeah. i kinda need a job to support my stay here." she sighed.

"oh, i see." jongin shortly replied.

truth is, jongin does not know her at all. it was when he saw sujin hung out with her at the cafeteria that he knows that this girl here is a friend of hers.

"oh, chae-ssi? do you happen to know where sujin is right now? i kinda need to talk to her." jongin spoke up.

chae just scratched her head, trying to remember sujin's schedule. after a while, she snapped her finger.

"she has physcology test today at 10 and i think i remember that she told us that she will be in the library to study." chae explained.

after that, jongin nodded and left. he sprinted to the library as fast as he could.

sure, his stomach was hurting. he didn't get a chance to even eat breakfast but meeting sujin is probably the most important thing right now.

he saw the library in sight and barge in. he went to each corner he knows but sujin was not in sight.

he probably looked like a wreck since everyone was looking at him. he doesn't care what people think of him at this moment
he just want to show himself.

his last hope lies to the last corner of the library. if sujin is not there, then that's it.

he slows down when he finally saw the corner in sight. he gulped and think of how to introduce himself.

then, jongin saw a girl with her head on her forearm, sleeping soundly with books scattered across the table and he knew who she is.

sujin.

---------------------
jongin's side of the story is longer than expected lel

kik | kaiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें