2) Kitten don't be shy my bark's worse than my bite

"Yey! Pizza!" I said excitedly when we walked into the cafeteria. Then I remembered who I was with and I stopped jumping and blushed like a tomato. Oh great. Kevin was smirking at me and Lewis was grinning. I stuck my tongue out at them and bounced into the lunch queue, such was quite small since we were late. I spotted Annie and Beth and waved. They waved back and returned to the conversation they were having with Kate and Finn and a couple of other guys. I saw that it was the longest table in the room and would just about fit all of us on if they pulled a couple of chairs up. God Lewis and his mob of friends. Stupid boys. Lewis laughed and I looked at him confused.

"Oh just... erm, nothing." He mumbled. I got even more confused but let it go because I was getting served my pizza! I took the rest of the food and bounced over to the table.

"Hey guys!" I chirped. They looked at me, amused, and laughed at the amount of food on my plate. "What? I'm hungry! And it's not that much!" I complained. And it wasn't.

"I thought you were on a diet, which you totally don't need to be on by the way." Kate said. Gosh, that was just like Kate. She would compliment other people, while having the best body ever, and then would blush and reject other people's compliments whenever they came her way. Stupid modesty.

When Lewis and his friends came over Annie, Beth, and Kate all fidgeted and flushed. Haha, they are such girls. Finn noticed their uncomfortableness and chuckled and nudged Kate, who just flushed even more. Kevin just made it more awkward for her when he winked at her. He laughed when she looked away.

"Aw, kitten don't be shy, my bark's worse than my bite." He said. One of the other guys shot him a look, and Kevin just shot him a look right back. Then the other guy noticed me and smiled.

"Hey, my name's Alex." He introduced himself. He looked like a cheery kind of guy, with his smile never leaving his face, unless he is shooting looks at Kevin.

"Hey! I'm Imogen." I chirped. I was quite happy myself, I mean it's pizza, why wouldn't you be happy?! I know, I know, you might not like pizza. We then all continued our random conversation, with a few more introductions.

Lewis's friends were called;

Kevin, Alex, Luke, Ash, Flynn, Nate, Sam, Jayden, Ryder, and Max.

The topic was light and happy, and I gladly watched my friends loosen up around each other, I think we just made a few new friends.

***

AFTER SCHOOL

***

When I was about to walk home, Lewis grabbed my arm to stop me. He looked uncomfortable and scuffed his shoe on the ground.

"Hey Lewis, what's up?" I asked in an attempt to lift his tension.

"Um, I was wandering if..." he mumbled the rest of his sentence so I couldn't hear it.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked.

"Do you want to... go on a date with me on Friday?" He said quietly. I smiled at him.

"Sure. What time?" I replied.

"Um... 8?" He said. I nodded and walked away, and I waved over my shoulder. He grinned and waved back, then ran over to his friends. They all acted like mad dogs, that's what made them so interesting. A few of them noticed me, and they waved at me. I waved and laughed and Ash wolf-whistled at me. I winked at him and laughed as I ran home, in a really happy mood. It was only two more days until Friday. I can wait that long. This was really strange, it was only this morning that I was mad at this guy, and now I was looking forward to having a date with him.

When I got inside I was humming Happy by Pharrell Williams and my mum gave me a strange look.

"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof

Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Clap along if you know what happiness is to you

Clap along if you feel like that's what you want to do!" I sang. My mum smiled at me then started to laugh.

"What's got you so happy hun?" She asked.

"Hey mum? Can I go out on a date on Friday?" I beamed. She ran to me and hugged me as if it was my first date. She's a funny one, my mum.

"Of course Immy!" She cried. Then my brother appeared humming Can You Feel The Love Tonight? Typical Josh.

"Yes I can, Josh. Thanks for asking!" I chirped.

"Anytime sis. By the way, your singing sucks." He said.

"Many people have told me otherwise dear brother." I retaliated. He banged his fist on the table faking annoyance and I laughed. My twin was a funny one too. I was surprised he wasn't being himself and trying to get me to not go on this date, but I guess he was getting rid of me on Friday so he wasn't going to complain. "No further than a kiss, kapiche?" I laughed but agreed. There we go, we have Josh back. I was really excited for this date. I wondered where he was going to take me?