Wifey Part 2 - Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong with you?"

Deena sulked like a small child. "I can't stand Joheni."

Nina was confused. "Who's Joheni?"

"You know the bitch that works at Sydney's store."

Nina thought it over and realized who Deena was referring. "You mean Johari?"

Deena rolled her eyes. "Who gives a fuck what her name is? I. Don't. Like. Her."

Nina wasn't actual friends with Johari. She knew of her because they shared the same group of friends. "Who was the guy with her?"

Deena stared at the couple through the window. They were standing in the parking lot talking. "That's Jonathan. Do you know if they're fucking? They come here and eat a lot. It's not my first time seeing them together."

"I don't know," Nina replied honestly. She looked at them through the window. They looked like a couple. "I think they're best friends, so if you're trying to get with Jonathan get ready to be friends with her too."

Deena rolled her eyes. "Fuck her."

"Let's order," Nina stated. She wanted to change the subject before Deena became too angry. She had a short temper and could be impulsive.

Nina ordered a glass of water and a Caesar salad. She wanted to eat light. Deena decided to get a burger and french-fries.

"So, why did you want to meet?" Deena took a sip of her soda while she waited for an answer. "What's up?"

Nina took a deep breath. She wasn't sure how Deena was going to take the news. "I'm ending things with Garrett."

Deena was friends with Garrett. The three of them hung out together as a group. She was the one who set Garrett and Nina up.

Deena snorted. "Yeah, I've heard that before. You'll change your mind again."

Nina shook her head. "I'm serious this time."

"You've been fucking him for this long, why stop now?"

The affair started over a year ago. At first, it was casual dates to dinner and out to the movies. It took Nina few months to start sleeping with Garrett. Things got complicated when she became pregnant. "I can't carry this weight around. It's stressful. I can't deal with it any longer." Nina waited for her sister in law to back her up, but Deena remained quiet. She gave Nina an incredulous look. "You should be happy I want to make my relationship with your brother work. I want Demetrius."

"I thought you were in love with Garrett?"

"I love your brother more. Garrett was a mistake. I should've never let it get this far. I'm ending it."

Deena was becoming livid. "You decided this when? While you were sucking Garrett's dick?" she questioned. "He told me that you hooked up a few days ago."

Nina felt embarrassed. "That's a lie."

"He tells me everything. I didn't think you were the type to swallow."

Nina didn't know what to say. She was disgusted by her friend. "Go to hell."

Nina stood and left the table in a hurry. She didn't have an appetite any longer. Deena followed behind her.

"Aren't you worried that the baby is Garrett's?"

Nina rubbed her belly. She wasn't going to give Deena the satisfaction of answering the question.

"Are you going to tell Demetrius about the affair?" Deena questioned.

Nina remained silent and opened her car door.

Deena grabbed her arm. "I'm going to tell him if you don't."

Nina could feel her anxiety rising. "I thought we were friends? Why would you do this?"

"You thought wrong. I don't like my own brother. Why would I care about you?" Deena loved that her brother was being cheated on. Demetrius took away the love of her life, so he didn't deserve a faithful wife.

"You're a bitch."

Deena shoved Nina against the car. It wasn't the first time she was called a bitch. It wouldn't be the last. "Tell my brother about Garrett or I will."

Nina left the restaurant in tears after her conversation with Deena. She expected more support from her friend. Especially since she was the same friend that she confided in. Deena's reaction puzzled her. Nina knew the siblings had a strained relationship but didn't realize it was this bad.

Nina made it home and started searching for her husband. She was determined to tell Demetrius about her cheating. She wanted to clear the air and have a fresh start if he was willing to give her a chance. She would do anything to keep her relationship with him.

"Meatball!" she called out as she waddled inside the house. She was only six months pregnant, but she felt like she was full term. "Meatball!" she shouted his nickname again and got nothing. Nina took her cell phone out and called him. He answered right away.

"What's wrong baby?"

"Nothing is wrong. I was just looking for you. I was hoping you would be home," she replied as she sat on the couch.

"I'm headed there now. I'm working only a few hours today. I'm sorry I was gone all day yesterday."

"What happened?"

"I stopped by the store and ran into a familiar face. We went for drinks and lost track of time."

"Who was it?"

"Deena's friend, Garrett. He seems like a good brother."

Nina dropped the phone and went into a panic at the mention of Garrett. Was he trying to ruin her life? Did he purposely meet with her husband?"

Nina could hear Demetrius shouting on the phone, so she picked it up. "I'm fine. I dropped my cell," she said to ease his mind.

"Good. I thought something was wrong. I'll see you soon; I'm ten minutes away. Love you."

"You too," Nina replied.

She started to cry again. Feeling extreme cramping, she knelt in pain.