Eleven weeks

READ A.N PLS LOL

"Gastric cancer is a disease in which malignant cancer cells form in the lining of the stomach. Age, diet, and stomach disease can affect the risk of developing gastric cancer. Symptoms of gastric cancer include indigestion and stomach discomfort or pain. You do know that, Mrs. Brown?" Doctor Smith asked with a serious face. He held his clipboard tightly in his fist and irritably glanced at the sick girl in her bed. Doctor Smith had always had no sense of friendship or closeness with his patients. His job was his limit, his profession as an excuse to not socialize completely.

The word "cancer" sets a chill every time Beverly heard it even if she herself had it. She hugged her mom's arms as she sniffed. Kelly sighed as she nodded along to his words.

"Mama, I'll die at some point.." Beverly said while fiddling with her fingers. "There's no chance I'll live for forever."

Kelly was hit by this reality. Whether she may like it or not, Beverly was right. So was Doctor Smith. But you cant blame a mother who loves her daughter.

"Im sorry to break the news, Mrs Brown but Beverly here has a standard of eleven weeks time of living. She may exceed or not reach, but that's the standards, based on records."

A dagger striked her heart  as her motherly sense of hope seemed to drift away little by little. It was so hard to hold on to a thing so disbelieving, to a thing no one seemed to agree with her. Even her daughter has given up.

Eleven weeks, seventy seven days. Such a short period of time to be wrapped in the soft embrace of a person who was fading away. Her life was like a tear, so small, so limited, so fragile, filled with emotion, and falling.

;

After eating breakfast at the center of the town, Millie took a shower that caused her to go back and forth from well to hut once again. She was mid mastering the technique she herself had taught and would only occasionally fall or trip.

Afterwards, she dressed into a fresh pair of denim shorts and a baggy shirt she once bought from her favorite clothing line.

Walking to the shore to do her fishing, she was surprised to find only one boat, and there was already someone that happened to be preparing already.

It had, it just had to be, Finn.

Once he saw her, he smirked at her knowingly. Millie frowned. "Where's the other boat?" she asked him while rolling her eyes and pretending to fix her hair.

"Oh, the one that you left in the sea? Uhm, obviously it's still being repaired." he said with a tad bit of sarcasm, but his smile was a symbol that it was in a joking manner.

Millie wasn't sensitive, she did not go beyond words and judged easily. "What the hell? So what will I use?" she asked with furrowed brows.

"I guess, we have to share a boat."

Finn's grin widened as Millie's eyes seemed to bulge out of their sockets. She hated the fact that she was fishing, more hated now that she was to share with him.

"I hate being with you. I wont last a minute that close to a fisherman."

Millie knew that hurt. His eyes fell to the sand, his smile washed away, and he almost dropped a paddle.

Everyone knows that words are worse compared to knives. The blood a knife costs is the thoughts you think after. They bleed, so fast that you cant keep up with your thoughts anymore.

"At least, this fisherman," Finn dropped his paddle, and walked forward to Millie. "Has friends. This farmer boy has a life. I'd rather be this poor but happy than as rich as you, but disliked by everyone."

Imagine, Finn is the most kind hearted person, he is driven by hard work and love, and Millie has turned him at this moment into a completely different person. Her words were cruel, and these have the effect on people.

Tears started to pool around her eyes, and automatically Finn's heart softened. He was a very soft person.

She started to sob, and Finn knew that this wasnt an act. It was genuine tears, with genuine sobs, with genuine pain.

"I..I'm sorry.."

She had said sorry once, to Ally. But Ally was different. She knew her story. She knew who she was before pain changed her. Finn, Finn didn't know anything.

Millie sat on the sand and cried. She didnt try to supress her sobs, her tears. She had promised she'll never cry again, but everything was just mixed up. She saw in herself how bad of a person she had become, when these acts were supposed to just be a source of attention from her parents. She didnt notice that her fury and anger towards Beverly, her parents, Noah, had already come to the point where she had affected others too.

"Im sorry, Finn.." she whispered, but loud enough for him to hear.

Finn sat beside her. "I think it'd be best if we talk while in the sea." he said with a smile.

Millie looked up at him and for the very first time, took full notice of his features. His dark hair, that matched his eyes, the freckles on his cheek.. they all looked beautiful.

HII GUYS THIS WAS EXACTLY 900 WORDS BC ILYSM!! im actually surprised people read this poop. hahaha thanks super! (btw, the description about gastric cancer is from the internet so..copyright to wikipedia hahaha)

--- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLS READ OR YOU'LL BE SURPRISED ALL OF A SUDDEN THAT...---

Hiii guys! So Claire and I have decided to add another person into Milevennials (because why not? hahaha) !!! She's SCARLET! Scarlet is also our best friend, she's really amazing. She will also write a story, and that will come up soon! 💜

also...

guys obviously my method of naming chapters might come to a stop soon. hahaha. it'll be very hard to think of a name for the 20th chap or so, so idk how, but i might need to change it. thanks again for reading, pls vote and commenttttt!! 💜 ++++

OMG OMG ITS OUR 1 MONTH ((ANNIVERSARY) HAHAHAHA LOL and omg thanks for 1k reads!! IYSM OMG THANK U ASDFGHJKL