2- A normal morning

The early sunrise wakes me from my slumber in my treehouse, making me sit up and rub my eyes a little. It must be early, about 4:30am, seeing as it is spring.
Despite the reports of upcoming warm weather, it is absolutely stone cold this morning. I put my coat on that was slung over my small body, and crawl to the entrance, then start to descend down the tree.
I land on the dead, brown leaves from winter with a soft crunch, which seems to split the eerie silence throughout the forest. Upon checking my pockets, I realise I have a pair of gloves, a small amount of money, and my phone.
Quickly, I try to turn my phone on, but it stays blank.
"Must be dead." I mutter to myself. The phone is stuffed back into my pocket, and I start to walk back towards the town. I follow the small stream that snakes through the trees, as it runs through the town and I know I will get back that way.
As I'm walking, I see a beautiful deer step gracefully out from behind a tree, then dip down to take a drink of the fresh water. It notices me, but I simply carry on walking, and it now knows that I won't cause any harm to it.
Soon, the sight of small brick houses come into view, and I step out of the forest, and down the pathways to the shops. By this time, it must be about 6:00am, as a few people dressed in fancy suits are walking around with briefcases, probably on their way to work. Right now, my priorities are a warm drink and some food.
I reach the shop, and as I walk in, a rush of heat hits me. Feeling slightly better already, I make my way to the water bottles and pick one up, then I grab a couple of cereal bars. The hot drinks machine looks so tempting... I scuttle over quietly and get a hot chocolate.
The instant warmth of the drink on my freezing hands sends waves of relief over me. I take my goods to the till, and the man scans them.
I glance at him for a while. He is pale with short brown hair, and looks extremely tired. His name tag reads: 'Hi, my name is Chris'
"That'll be six pounds and twenty four pence, please." He says in a deep, exhausted voice. I hand my money over, and he gives me the change.
"Thank you." I say politely, and he nods as I put the water and cereal bars in my pocket and pick up my hot chocolate. I leave quickly, bringing the hot drink to my lips. I feel the warmth spread inside me, and instantly I start to feel a little better.
After aimlessly walking around for a while, I sigh, crumpling my cardboard cup and throwing it in the bin. I knew sooner or later I would have to go home.
And boy was I dreading it.