Thank you. Really, you.

Thanksgiving is one of those traditions that I'd love to adopt as my own

Thanksgiving is one of those traditions that I'd love to adopt as my own. Not only because it involves great food that I so want to make every year, like that amazing turkey or the pumpkin pie, but because of what it means.

Food is a big issue in my household. I own more cookbooks than books, and the fact that I can have yet another date to celebrate, brings out my inner Chef.

However, as I said before, Thanksgiving is not about how tasty the food can be, but about gathering with your loved ones and talking about what achievements or what has made you proud over the last few months

It's about reminiscing over the last year and sharing with others what made this year awesome for us.

Why on earth don't we all do this?

It's an official holiday in Canada and the United States (and a few other countries in Europe, but it's not as huge as in those two countries). I mean, we have incorporated Halloween, Valentine's Day and Santa Claus...but not Thanksgiving. As much as I love all the rest of the holidays, there's nothing as comforting and warming as this special day.

We don't say thank you enough. Not even to ourselves.

Most of the time, people think about what could be better, what goals they missed, what things they can improve, but do we stop to think about what we've accomplished every day?

Maybe it's not a big thing.

Maybe I lost ten pounds over the last few months and I'm more worried about the fact that I want to lose ten more before Christmas, without stopping to pat myself on the back and to feel grateful that I lost something to begin with.

Maybe I've achieved more in my writing this last year than in the last two. It could be that I'm taking this writer thing more seriously and I'm working much harder than ever before. Have I taken a moment in this busy schedule of mine to congratulate myself?

I don't know about you, but I'm more focused on what I've missed or what I need to do than what I've achieved, and that sucks. It sucks big time.

Sometimes I feel like I'm working so hard and that I'm not getting anywhere, but I don't realize what I've done to get where I am.

We need to stop our hectic life for a moment and appreciate our life.