The Very Fast & Super Furious

Elsa stretched and yawned. It had been a long time since she'd rested so well. Yesterday was long, but last night had been longer. Before then she'd never seen or heard of such a thing as a car, now she wondered what else the world had to offer that she was unaware of.

"Knock, knock."

Anna entered before Elsa answered. Still captivated by her thoughts, she didn't hear the younger Princess come in. Plopping down on the bed, Anna bounced as the mattress leveled itself again. "Whatcha doin'?" She quizzed.

Elsa stretched again. "Well, I was sleeping. What are you doing?"

Peeling back the covers, Anna rambled. "I was coming to remind you that today is the carnival. I've been waiting for you all morning."

"Anna, I know what today is. I'm the Queen of Arendale. How could you think I would forget about the biggest day of the year?"

Since Elsa had become Queen, things had changed dramatically. She had met and mingled with some of the most elite and influential dignitaries around the world since opening the castle gates nearly 20 years ago. She had grown in both favor and grace, and her wisdom surpassed that of her parents concerning things they could've never imagined.

Today was the day the Americans would come and bring with them the best of the Western world. The only caveat was that Queen Elsa had been asked to personally attend a race. The requestor was unknown; however, Elsa had been convinced it was proper etiquette to accept. What Anna didn't know was the event started the night before. Elsa had watched for hours on end one contestant after another attempt to outrun the most beautiful man she'd seen in all her years.

"Elsaaaa!"

"Why are you shouting?"

"Why are you in a daze?"

"You can't answer a question with a question, Anna. And, screaming is very unbecoming."

"Well, so is sleeping past noon."

"Noon!"

Elsa scrambled to get out of bed. "Oh my! Where is my robe? Where are my slippers?"

"Slow down! Where are you off to?"

Elsa continued past Anna and made her way down the staircase. "I'm late! I'm late!"

Trailing behind her, Anna continued her probe of questions. "Slow down! Where are you going? What's going on?"

"Not now, Anna. Not now."

Elsa made her way to the front door and paused. She heard the engine revving from inside. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and stood frozen. The familiar stranger smiled in the distance. His eyes glistened in the afternoon sun as the wind blew through his hair.

"Uh, good afternoon... maybe? Morning, I guess?" He shrugged. "I am from the other side of the world. I guess I could be wrong."

"Elsa! Who is that?"

Ignoring her sister, Elsa smiled back. "Good afternoon," she waved. "I'll be ready in a few. Would you like to come in?"

"No, I'm fine. I'll wait outside. I'm expecting my..."

Vroom! Vroom!

Dust appeared in clouds, as several cars skidded onto the palace grounds. One after another, the drivers opened their doors.

"Good afternoon, your majesty." The first one took a bow.

"Good afternoon, your highness," the second followed.

Anna watched in amazement as they all said hello. "Elsa," she whispered, "who are all these people?"

"Anna, these are the Americans. We have much to learn."

"Hey, yo, Queen. Are you coming, or are we racing without you?"

Elsa laughed. Anna frowned. "Who is this one?"

"Oh, Anna. You must come. It is so exciting. The driving... it's amazing."

Anna watched as the group gathered on the lawn greeted one another. There were several good-looking men and two ladies. She'd never seen anyone like them in all of Arendale. Quite peculiar, she was particularly taken by how smitten Elsa seemed to be by the first to arrive. They were all so equally attractive, she couldn't settle on just looking at one. The one Elsa had called Dom just before closing the door to get ready was particularly interesting. Anna wasn't quite sure how this dynamic group had come to make Elsa's acquaintance, but she dared her to leave out any details.

"So, you mind telling me why there's a team of Chippendale models and a few cheerleaders outside?"

Elsa giggled like a schoolgirl. "I know. It really is quite remarkable."

"I'm waiting."

Elsa hurried through her morning rituals as quickly as she could. There really were no words for the unbelievable rush she had been experiencing since meeting them all. Being Queen had it's perks and this, by far, had been one of the best.

"Well, last night after dinner I was asked to go for a ride. Of course I said no, but when I was offered a private tour of the carnival grounds I agreed."

Anna gasped. "Elsa, you left the palace alone?"

"I wasn't alone, Anna. I was with the Americans. One minute we were talking on the balcony, and the next we were racing through the mountains. It was scary. It was exhilarating. It was fantastic!" Elsa squealed. "Vroom! Vroom!" She mouthed. "Vroooooom!"

"Vroom? What's a vroom?"

Anna frowned again. She had never seen her sister this way. Queen Elsa would never take off so carelessly. Neither would she abandon her post or neglect her responsibilities.

"Who are these Americans?" Anna inquired. "And, why must you attend a race?"

"Not just any race, Anna. The race."

"I don't think this is a good idea, Elsa. I mean, you don't know these people. What can we trust about the Americans?"

"Anna," Elsa paused to face her sister. "When did you become the worrier?"

"When did you become adventurous?"

Elsa smiled at Anna. She understood. This was completely out of character for the once reserved, now matriarch of the family. "The Americans," Elsa started, "have come a great ways to contribute to the carnival. They traveled very far to bring us treasures from their country to display."

"And, the races? Elsa, they're illegal."

"Oh, Anna," she smiled again after grabbing her sweater. "Who's going to arrest the Queen?"