"Actually, it's dinnertime. Wouldn't want to be late," Matteo said as he looped his arm with Miliana's and Leena's, leaving Giovanni and me behind.

"Do you think he knows?" I whispered.

"Nah, he would tell me if he knew. Let's go," Giovanni said, shaking his head as he walked with me towards the mansion.

Today had been particularly strange, even weirder than usual. "Did you speak to Adriano?" Giovanni asked, casting a quick glance at me.

"Yeah, and then he left. Did you and Leena plan something?" I inquired, studying his profile closely.

He shook his head and grinned. "Leena would have my head if I told you. Sorry," he said, smiling.

I huffed and kicked a rock in frustration. "Fine," I grumbled, playing with the hem of my shirt.

He chuckled at my action as we entered the dining room. Everyone was already seated except for Capo. I looked at his empty seat with confusion as I took my own.

Miliana sat next to Matteo at the dinner table. She seemed more comfortable around her brothers now than at the beginning. Every time they walked into her room, she used to jump, but not anymore. She appeared to be at ease in their presence, especially with Matteo, who made her smile. It wasn't a full laugh yet, but he was making progress.

Leena still sat beside me and Giovanni. Yana was running late, which wasn't unusual for her. She still had to work in the garden, unlike me. I hadn't had much time to talk to her lately because I had to be with Miliana 24/7, and our schedules didn't align very well.

"Hey, sis," Yana chirped, her recently washed wet hair flopping around her as she sat down next to me and began unpacking her food.

"Hey. How was your day?" I asked, taking bites of my meal.

"Long. Kate had me do all the planting today. And my back is killing me," she grumbled and complained, making a face.

"You sound like an old woman," I chuckled, nudging her as she shot me a playful look.

"Haha. Very funny. How was your day?" Yana asked, glancing at me.

"It was... interesting. Miliana was fine today, no further progress," I mumbled. I chose not to mention what had happened between Adriano and me because I still didn't understand it myself. It was confusing, but it was our moment, and I felt no need to share it with anyone.

"Interesting? Like what?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Hey, Kate wants to see you by the garden after dinner. She said it's about your previous work," Luca interjected. I was taken aback by the news but nodded in understanding.

I couldn't help but wonder why Kate wanted to see me. Maybe I was finally going back to work in the garden, which I wouldn't mind at all. In fact, I missed it so much that I welcomed the opportunity.

Dinner was a blur as I remained lost in my thoughts, trying to figure out what Kate wanted with me.

After dinner, Leena offered to put Miliana to bed, giving me the opportunity to talk with Kate. I said my good nights to everyone and made my way outside.

Following the trail, I walked through the darkness, guided only by the low lights lining the pathway. I stopped in my tracks when I reached my destination.

There, standing in front of the little fountain, was Adriano. The surrounding lights cast a soft glow around him, highlighting his usual black suit attire, perfectly styled hair, and straight posture. One hand was tucked in his pocket while the other was extended toward me.