Chapter 8

^red is the enemy 😢⚡

-Nick's pov

There was a knock on my door. "Come in. " I said lowly. Too many evil memories. Add it to the fact that Red is here, it's misery. "Can I talk to you, please? " I looked up to find that Cathy was the one who entered followed by Shark. "Fine."I replied.

"I'm really sorry if you are upset about my brother being Red. It... It was not his fault. "

"He did so much harm to my group. Because of him, a young boy died. Because of him, many died. He turned some of my friends against me. "

"I remember that one of his men, a general I think, said that he had betrayed some of his friends too. "

"What was his name, though? "

"Cory. He was very sad most of the time. He told me about the CDC and about your group. How he let you all down. "

"You knew him? "

"Of course I did. Being Red's little sister has its advantages. "

"I just really don't want him to continue to torture us. I had too much already. "

"As I already said, being his little sister has its advantages. I can control his cannibalism when I'm with him. You don't have to worry about him trying to eat you. " 

"Well time to get some shut eye. I'll walk Cathy back to the barn just for safety reasons. " Shark said as he bagan to exit the room. 

"I guess we can keep talking tomorrow. Good night, Nick. "Cathy said before leaving. I just can't believe Red's back. And I had killed him. How I wish this was all just a dream. 

-Shark's pov

"And how can you control your brother's cannibalism?" I asked when we exited the room. 

"It's easy. He just wants good food. He doesn't like the canned or processed food. So I just cook instead. "

"So you had to learn to cook yourself or did someone teach you? "

"When he is here, I kind of cook. Mostly baked potatoes and roasted meat. He will once in a while do the actual cooking. Or even make some barbecue. "

"Wow. You want me to go inside with you?" I asked when we reached the barn. 

"Although I think it's best you don't, you can if you want to so Red can see that you're not the enemy. "

We want inside when Cathy took off her hoodie. Her ears were twitching, looking for sound. "He's still up. " she whispered. "Wow. That good?"a voice said. I looked up to find Red leaning on the loft entrance. He was holding a gun pointed straight at me. "Why is he here? "he said when he saw that I had noticed him. "He's just a friend. Not the enemy. Put your gun down. "

"How am I supposed to know he's not holding you captive like the others last time?"

"Do you think I would have shown him my secret if I didn't trust him?"

"Huh. Good point. "Red replied as he put away his pistol. We climbed up the ladder and Cathy helped him back on the bed. 

"Before I forget, this is Shark. I think you should recognize him from Greenfield or Heysworth where you said you encountered Nick."

"If you trust him so much that you showed him the neko thing, I guess I can take it easy with him. "

"Thanks. At least if you guys are all allies, you have higher chances of survival. "

"Saying of survival, we need sleep to survive. Good night. "I said as I headed to the ladder. What Cathy said about the alliance got me thinking. If we could all forget about our differences, we could be stronger. United we stand. Divided we fall. 

「time skip: morning 」

-Red's pov

"Hey, sleepy head. You want some chocolate chip cookies and milk or nothing?" someone said as they shook me on the bed. I woke up to find Cathy holding a plate of cookies and a cup of milk. And there was Shark. He was with my little sister. "Hey. How did you sleep? " Cathy asked. 

"Okay I guess. You? Where did you sleep? "

"I decided to get a better point of view for the night. "

"Seriously. You just had to sleep on the roof." This might end up getting out of hand. "Just give me the damn cookies. "I said as i snatched the plate of Cathy's hand. "Geez! Okay. Cookie hogger. "

"I'm not a cookie hogger. "

"You are. "

"Am not. "

"You are. "

"Am not. "

"Oh just admit it cookie monster." 

"...." (-_-)

Damn! She always finds a way to make me shut up. 

"Okay miss kitty cat. "

Who's the burned one now? 

"Well, I really feel like a third wheel here." Shark just said plainly. We had completely forgotten all about him. 

"I'll find you a shark onezie. Maybe even some tuna cans. "

"Oh come on! I don't favor tuna. " Shark complained. 

"Sowy. How about we go fishing at the lake. Or a for a swim. " Cathy said in her innocent voice. "Sure. "Shark and I said at the same time. We might have more than we originally thought we had in common. 

~Hello. Im thinking for some action in the next chapter. Later! 

~🐴