Chapter 6

-Cathy's pov

A loud shriek split the air. I only knew one creature that could do that noise.  "Sugar! " With my poor little Sugar in trouble and the zombies blocking my way, my rage turned on. I cut through them to her and cursed at the zombies. I finally made it all the way to Sugar and found that one of the zombies had managed to get her by surprise. It had cut her back with its bony hands and she was bleeding freely. "You motherfudger! "I yelled as I tacked the zombie of her back. I punched its face in and then stood up. "Nick! Watch out! "He ducked just in time to avoid getting struck by my dagger that hit the zombie that was about to jump him. That's it! 

-Nick's pov

The dagger flew right over my head and struck the zombie behind me. I turned just in time to stab it before it tried to get to me again. Now there was about ten zombies left. I was about to shoot them all down when Cathy got in my way and killed them all alone. "You should be more careful, Cathy. I could have shot you. "I said and saw her get tense. "Everyone inside the barn.  Now! " she ordered then ran inside with her horse trailing behind her. Once inside, Cathy got a bucket of water and a sponge. The horse was standing still while she cleaned its back. "What happened to your horse? "I asked. 

"A zombie jumped her. "

"How? "

"I don't know. All I know is that it caught her by surprise and scratched her poor back."

The horse's back was a deep red from the blood that spilled from her but her fur was a lightchestnut color. When Cathy finished cleaning her, she got a type of purple spray medicine and sprayed its back. "There you go girl. Does it still hurt? "she asked the horse and it replied with a low nicker. Then Cathy took her to the pastures. 

-??? pov

Too close... the girl would have been infected if it weren't the fact that she is a good fighter. She saved two of the men that were with her. And she just met them a couple of days ago. It's time to get her. 

-Shark's pov

I decided to cook dinner tonight. That was a big fight and I own it to Cathy for saving my life. "Hey, Shark. Can I talk to you for a minute? "Cathy said entering the kitchen. 

"Sure. What's up? "

"It's.... It's about Nick. My brother is coming back in a few days and I don't want for him and Nick to fight. "

That's right! Red is her brother and we had been at war with him for the last year or two. Until-

"Hey guys. What are you cooking for dinner tonight?"Nick said, disturbing my train of thoughts. "Just some rice and beans. Nothing special. "I said. Then Cathy gave me a bag of rice and a can of beans. "I also have peaches if you want some."she offered to us. "Sure. Ghetto pretty much never lets me get his peaches. " Nick said and with that Cathy left the room to get the peaches. "How did you guys meet her? "Nick asked after she left. 

"She had been on a supply run and got inside the house we were staying in when I found her. She offered to let us stay here where it's safer. "

"How long ago was it? "

"The day before you guys came. "

"What?! You don't know if she is working with Ross or the strangers. "

"If she was she would have already told them. "

"Huh. Good thing Red is dead. Else if she was working with him, we would already be in his stomach. "

"Ghetto! For goodness sake, quit trying to steal my peaches! "Cathy's voice was heard struggling to get to the kitchen without Ghetto stealing them from her. "Oh come on! Just give me one can. "Ghetto complained. 

"Nope. Not today. "

They came in the kitchen running. Then Cathy somehow managed to turn around a corner really quick and Ghetto, not being quick enough to do the same thing, tripped right behind her. "Ha! Beat that boy! "she said coming back into the kitchen. (#proskillz *dabs*)"Impressive."Nick complimented."Thanks. " "Guys come and look. "Sabre called out and we all went to meet up with him. 

-Cathy's pov

No way! Sabre, Monroe, and Barney had built a ladder in the trees and had a platform on a few of them. "That will make sniping so much easier than sniping from the loft. "

"The only thing we still need to do is at least put on a roof for shelter from the rain. " Sabre said. 

"Well, you can continue tomorrow. Come on. Everyone to their rooms. Time to sleep. "I began treating them as if they were little kids. Although, in reality, I am the youngest so far. 😊

-?? pov (different one from the guy(s) that want to steal Cathy)

Ugh! I need to get back to my sister. I can't let anyone else get near her. Not again. 

-So... Take a guess on who's going to appear in the next chapter. And I just beat my record of longest chapter so far. I think it's the 35 views so far. Thanks for supporting me. And I am still trying to decide who is the villain that wants to steal Cathy. Plz help on that by commenting either the strangers or Ross. You can also put your own if you want to. Just leave a discription of the character. 

~🐴