Chapter Ten: Goodbye Argravaine

Arthur’s POV

I sat in the council chamber, waiting. I am doing the trial of Freya and Argravaine today. Wondering why? Argravaine is meant to be a traitor and Freya well you know her past. I know what I am to do already but this is just protocol. It has to be done. A fair trial unlike what my father would do.

Everyone will arrive soon. I kept my head down as people began to arrive. I didn’t look up until Gwaine and Percival came into the chamber with Argravaine and Elyan with Freya. I looked over at Gaius and Merlin stood next to him.

It had been close and for a split second he had died. Merlin was gone but a miracle happened and he began to breathe again. It had been the happiest moment of my life, well almost. I sighed.

Merlin still looks pretty rough but I couldn’t convince him to stay in bed, Freya is his girlfriend after all. Their going out now and I am happy for them. I trust Merlin and therefore as soon as Merlin had told me about my uncle....I had made up my mind.

“I have given you both a fair trial. I have come to a decision. Argravaine is a traitor and in the laws of Camelot will be sentenced to death. Freya is innocent and can live within Camelot in safety,” I smiled.

“You can’t believe the world of a servant!” shouted Argravaine.

“Yes I can and I will. You betrayed me and you will now pay for it. I hope working with Morgana was worth it,” I said angrily.

Argravaine didn’t say another word, he fell silent.

Merlin’s POV

I sat in Gaius’s chamber with Freya sitting beside me.

“I can’t believe this is happening,” smiled Freya.

“Me either, I thought I was dead. But I know what you mean....who knew we would be together again. I didn’t. I still can’t regret what I did because I have you now,” I smiled.

“I know and no one blames you either.”

“Freya I have to do something,” I said.

“Oh and you want to do it on your own,” said Freya.

“I need too,” I said to.

“Alright I’ll be here when you get back and be careful you’re still not fully recovered,” she smiled. “I will,” I said as I kissed her before I got up and left the chamber.

I stood outside Argravaine cell. “You we pay for this,” said Argravaine to me.

“Why did you betray Arthur for Morgana?” I asked.

“I can’t tell you that,” he said.

“I thought you would say that. I came to say goodbye,” I said.

“Why you don’t care, “he said.

“I do care. I didn’t want you dead but you gave me no choice. You choice Morgana’s side and you betrayed Arthur all this time.”

“Goodbye, Merlin,” he said.

“Goodbye Argravaine.

As I headed back towards Gaius’s chamber I bumped into Arthur. “Merlin....about your magic,” he began.

“What you going to do?” I asked him.

“Magic isn’t evil. You and Freya show that. If you are there must be others,” said Arthur.

“There are. Arthur thank you for forgiving me,” I smiled.

“No forgive me. I treat your kind as evil but you’re not. I promise you this Merlin. I am to marry Gwen and I am going to remove the bane of magic,” smiled Arthur.

“Arthur....really?” I asked him.

“Really.”

THE END

------------------------

SORRY FOR MAKING U ALL UPSET AND WORRIED ABOUT MERLIN

I AM SO CRUEL BUT HE IS ALIVE SEE AND FINE AND EVERYTHING IS HAPPY YAY CELEBRATE DON'T HIT ME LOL

Please do vote and comment thanks