Chapter Eight: Fight till the end

Arthur’s POV

Huge men charged into the arena straight towards me and Merlin. I stood my ground waiting for them to make the first move. As they got close and swung their swords I charged with my sword clanging against the first man who reached me.

I attacked making him step back every time my sword hit against his. I saw the other two men charge towards Merlin. I slashed the man in front of me and he fell down dropping his sword. I grabbed it and now had two swords. Morgause had not said anything about me using just one sword.

I took on one of the men charging at Merlin but I couldn’t take on the other. Merlin please...use your magic you have to try! I screamed in my head. I watched Merlin as he looked at the man inches from him with just his eyes and he went flying backwards hitting into the bars and cursing out in pain.

Merlin looked over at me and nodded. I kicked the man and stabbed my sword into him. I had no choice, he wouldn’t give up. The arena was silent; clearly they had hoped we both be killed. “Bring on the next lot,” Morgause said simply.

I looked at Merlin with a sad expression; I’m really worried about him. I am surprised he managed to use his magic like that in this state and he is still standing. Merlin is a fighter that is clear. He is strong probably more strong than any other person I know.

Five men came into the arena this time. Two against five and Merlin can’t handle much at all. I’m going to have to use my advance skills to beat these guys if we wish to survive this battle. I sighed as they came towards us.

“Arthur stand aside,” whispered Merlin. I didn’t want to argue with him and I couldn’t help but trust him. I nodded to him and stepped aside.

Merlin began to speak words I never understood. He is enchanting a spell. I watched in amazement as the room began to get dark and a whirl wind filled the arena and it headed towards the five men. In moments the men began to scream and flew in all directions. Merlin was using his hand to lead the whirlwind.

Once all five men were down the whirlwind didn’t disappeared it just stayed in one place. Merlin looked like he was using all his remaining energy to do this and I didn’t like it.

“Very good Merlin but not good enough,” hissed Morgause as more men came into the arena and this time it was ten.

“Five each?” I asked Merlin. He simply nodded to me.

I headed towards the men first and luring five men away from the other five. As soon as I had the five men after me Merlin’s whirlwind sped into action again hitting right into the other five men. I took two men down at the same time leaving three. I found it easier taking two but with this third I had a bad feeling something was going to go wrong.

I heard Merlin shout my name and a moment later Merlin collapsed to the floor beside me as the third man laid on the floor dead. “Merlin....” I whispered.

“I’m fine.”

Merlin’s POV

I had to lie to Arthur. He wouldn’t let me continue to fight otherwise and he needs me. I lifted up my top to see the long deep cut from a sword. The man had managed to slash me when I got in the way of the sword which was about to go straight into Arthur. I knew this was it.

I am going to die here. No doubt about that anymore but I’m not afraid to die. I’m not afraid of these men or Morgana and her evil sister. I am here beside Arthur and he doesn’t hate me for using magic. He doesn’t hate me and that is all that matters. I can die happy knowing that. I’m not afraid of death and I would die for Arthur a hundred times over.

“I think we have had enough fun. Now you must fight each other,” laughed Morgause.

“No!” shouted Arthur.

“I don’t care what you think Arthur Pendragon!” Morgana shouted before her sister could.

I rushed to my feet and thought of a plan. I shouted a spell which made the bars right in front of Morgause, Morgana and Lee explode. Everyone dived for cover. I ran forward and so did Arthur seeing our escape route.

“You will not get away!” shouted Morgana as she stopped our way out. I had thought this would happen. I lifted my hand up at her. “I’m not afraid of you. I’ve stopped you before and I will do it again,” I told her.

“Why do you help Arthur? I never understood you and now even more. You have magic why did you never tell me,” said Morgana.

“I never told you because I couldn’t take that chance. I know how you feel though Morgana. I know how it is to keep who you really are to everyone,” I said looking at Arthur for a second.

“Then why do you stay on his side!” Morgana shouted.

“He is my friend and he will be the greatest king the world has ever known,” I said.

“You will regret this!” shouted Morgana as she began to say a spell.

I began to say a spell and right in front of Morgana huge flames began to rise above her. I grabbed onto Arthur’s arm and pulled him in the other direction blowing another hole in the bars and headed towards the back exit instead.

“We will fight till the end!” shouted Arthur as more men came towards us blocking our escape.

“Fight till the end! I shouted along with him.

----------------------

00000000000 chapter 8 done

Two to go guys and then this is done haha.

I know the ending already hehe.

Hope you enjoyed please vote and comment if you want it mean a lot to me