Chapter 32 - Great Distraction

"Hurry up!" Simon whined through the door.
"I'm going as fast as I can I'll be there in a minute!" I said pulling on a sock.

I'd finally agreed to be in a Q&A with Simon. He had been begging for the last week.

I opened the door and Simon fell through. "Fucking-"
"Shouldn't lean on the door then should you?" I smiled and strolled past him. He ran up beside me and took my hand as we walked to his bedroom.

"I'm so happy you said yes." He said again.
"Simon it was a week ago. You can stop now!" I chuckled. He squeezed my hand.

"I know but I'm so happy. We should do something. Go out and have some fun!" He repeated, and swung our hands back and forth.

Once we reached his room we walked in and I sat in the spare chair.
"I've already tweeted for questions. So let's go." He said. He kissed the top of my head and sat next to me. I felt myself blushing so I bit my lip and covered my face.

"Aw." Simon grinned and switched his camera on. "Is someone a little HEY GUYS!" He yelled, changing the sentence. I jumped and hit myself in the face with my necklace.
"You need Jesus!" I said and laughed.

"Today I'm joined by the lovely Alex." He gestured towards me.
"Hi." I said awkwardly and waved.
"We're doing a Q&A." He stated. There was a minutes silence. He just stared at the camera.

"Ok sooo...."
"LETS GO MOTHERFUCKERS!" He yelled.
"JESUS. YOU NEED JESUS!" I shouted again, punching his arm. "Read some fucking questions."

~

"Last question. Now a hell of a lot of you asked if we were together." He smiled at me and took my hand. He held our hands up. "Yeah. We are. Alex is my girlfriend. IM NOT LONELY ANYMORE!" He yelled and jumped on me, hugging me tightly. "Thanks for not letting me be lonely. And rejecting me. That would have been embarrassing." I hugged him back and laughed.

"Get off me you peasant!" He kissed my forehead and sat back down. My cheeks glowed red again so I stood up and ran away. I still wasn't used to his touch. I flopped on his bed and hid my self under his covers.

"Why do you do this?!" He asked and pulled the covers away.
"No!" I said and tried to drag them back, pulling him onto the bed. He straddled my waist and started tickling me.

"No. Please. Simon. Stop. Ugh. Stop it." I laughed hysterically.
"Say that I'm the best boyfriend ever and that I should be allowed to shower you with kisses and cuddles!"

"I'll never surrender!" I cried.
"Wow. So I'm not the best boyfriend ever? I see how it is." He paused and held his hand to his heart.

I saw this as an opportunity. I flipped him over and straddled his waist instead. I pinned his arms down with my knees so he couldn't fight back.

I crossed my arms on his chest and put my face closer to his.
"Mad?" I smirked.
"I couldn't be mad at you." He said and kissed me. I kissed back after a moment of shock, right up until he flipped me back over. "But I am a great distraction." He smiled and copied my previous position. He leant down and kissed me again, and I couldn't help but melt into it.

"The camera's still on." He said as he pulled away.
"For fucks sake!" I chuckled.
"I can edit this out?"
"Fuck it. Leave it in. If they don't like it then tough luck." I said and sat up.

I walked to the doorway.
"Gonna go take a shower. I'll see you later." I said and left, a gentle smile tugging at my lips.

"Someone looks happy?" Josh's voice called as I walked past him.
"NO!" I yelled and ran to my temporary room.

~

"Bet on it bet on it bet on it bet on me. I gotta make it right that is the way. To turn my life AROUND WHAT THE FUCK!" I cried, ripping my headphones off as Simon picked me up by my waist. "You ruined my high school musical session you bum!" Simon laughed at my insult and put me down on the sofa.

"The Q&A just went live." He said and pulled out his phone. He went onto the new video and let me watch it, sitting down beside me.

After it ended, I went to look at the comments.
This is so cute I love it.
They look so cute together!
Finally!! I've waited for this for so long!
She's so beautiful omg :)
Wtf is this. She's disgusting.
Ugly as fuck. What the hell is Simon thinking.
They're not a nice couple at all.
Simon can do so much better. 

My smile dropped as I stared at them. Is this what people really thought of me? I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Simon seemed to have noticed how I'd stopped scrolling and looked at the phone. "Alex listen. Don't-" I dropped his phone and ran up to my room.

I fell onto my bed and started crying. People didn't want me. This is what I was afraid of. People didn't think I was good enough for him. I'm not am I? He does deserve better.

I took my laptop out and continued to look through the comments on our Q&A. Some were nice. Some were not. Why did this all have to happen today of all days?

My phone pinged. I opened it to check the new twitter notification.
@_AlexL don't listen to the comments. Everyone gets hate. They're just jealous fangirls or rude immature little boys. You aren't any of the things they said. You and Simon are perfect for each other. Don't lose him over something like this. Ily.

A girl called Chloe had tweeted me. I followed her and DM'd her. I smiled, knowing that there was at least a few people who didn't hate me.

Thank you so much for your tweet. Ily2. It made me really happy. But how did you know I was sad about the comments?
I was confused as to how she'd worked it out.
Check Simon's twitter :)

A/N: I HAVE A NEW BOOK. It's called hurricanes. I'd love it if you could go check it out :)
Also sorry for not updating in so long, school and stuff got in the way. I'm also in the process of editing this story to make it slightly better.