Chapter Thirty: Home Is Where The Heart Is

Jo was clutching onto Michael for dear life, panicking at her realization.

"You're trembling," he said gently.

"Am I?" Jo asked in a daze.

She pulled away from Michael and looked at him as if for the first time. Her glittery eyes were big with wonder and uncertainty. The way her hazel eyes were drinking him in shot an arrow straight through his heart.

Jo blinked a few times, trying to gather her thoughts, then ducked back into the ocean. She fluttered through the water towards the beach, and Michael sighed before following suit.

His runaway mermaid was at it again.

When Michael closed in on her, he grabbed onto her ankle. She kicked and splashed about, but she eventually stopped swimming and found her footing on the sandy ocean floor. Jo stood up, the water up to her waist, and smoothed her hair back with both hands.

"Hey," Michael addressed her pointedly.

"Yes?" Jo asked.

"You can't keep running away."

"Technically, I was swimming away," she replied.

Jo twisted her hair and wrung out the excess water. She didn't look at him.

Michael rubbed his face with his hands. He was starting to get frustrated.

"You can't keep bottling everything up. You can't keep running away," he reiterated. "One day it'll bubble over and whatever you're running from will catch up to you."

Jo just gaped at him. He was right, and they both knew it.

Michael could read her like a book, and - true to form - she wanted nothing more than to get far away from him. Sensing this, he put his arms around Jo's waist and pulled her in towards him.

"Stop avoiding the inevitable," he said gently.

She closed her eyes, feeling weak.

He placed his index finger under her chin and turned her face up towards him. Jo stared up at Michael, her big doe eyes full of trepidation.

She was afraid to kiss him. She was afraid of what it might do to her head. She was afraid that she might feel the same electricity that she had felt the night they slept together.

She was afraid that if she kissed him now, there would be no turning back.

He smashed his lips against hers, snaking both hands behind her head to pull her deeper into his kiss. Jo whimpered into his mouth as her entire body hummed with electricity. A dull, painful heat clenched her lower belly.

It was exactly what Jo was afraid of.

She somehow mustered the strength to tear away from Michael's lips.

"I can't," she whispered, shaking her head.

There were a million thoughts running through her head playing bumper cars with each other, and she was starting to feel woozy.

"Why not?"

Jo didn't answer.

"We have something. Tell me you don't feel it," Michael said, cupping her face in his hands.

She met his gaze, and immediately regretted doing so because his eyes stripped her soul completely bare. She thought her heart might explode out of her chest.

"Tell me you don't feel it," he repeated.

"I do," she confessed. "But that's why I can't..."

"Stop fighting it!" Michael exclaimed.

Jo looked away, not knowing what else to do.

Michael ran his hands through his dark hair in frustration.

"Oh, fuck it," he said. He grabbed Jo's face and kissed her like he couldn't breathe and she was his only source of oxygen. His tongue pressed against her lips, and she was unable to resist him any longer. She opened her mouth and allowed him in.

As their tongues danced, she leaned her body into Michael's. She needed every part of herself to be touching him. She yearned for him to enclose her completely because she was aflame and only he could extinguish her burning desire.

She moaned into his mouth as Michael grabbed her backside with both hands. She wrapped her legs around his waist, and his erection pressed against her center.

"Johanna," he groaned. She shuddered with pleasure at hearing her name leave his lips.

Suddenly, it was all too much. Michael leaned in to kiss her once more, but Jo placed her hands on his chest, stopping him.

"I don't know what to do," Jo confessed. "I feel like I'm being pulled in different directions and I'm dangerously close to being ripped apart."

She unhooked her legs from Michael's waist and took a step back from him. He grabbed her hands and continued to hold them to his chest, not allowing her to escape.

She swallowed painfully, her mouth suddenly dry.

"I miss home."

Michael grimaced, her words slashing him like a knife.

"But I don't know where home is anymore," Jo continued. "And the scary thing is, you and Jax are starting to feel like home."

Michael's pupils dilated, darkening his eyes. He stroked her cheek with his thumb, and she leaned into his touch.

"Do you want me to stay?" she asked faintly.

"Let me show you how much I want you to stay," Michael said, spinning her around and pressing her back against his body. He snaked his right hand around her shoulders, and turned her face towards him. Their lips met and he tasted her hungrily, his hand now gently clasping her throat.

Jo whimpered as his left index finger traced a line down her body, then touched her through her tan bikini. He slowly began to rub her throbbing clit, the friction of his fingers and the cloth causing her to gasp.

"Michael," she sighed, as he pressed his hardness between her cheeks. He sucked on her neck as he pulled down her bikini bottom, and she cried out in pleasure. They were alone in the water, but it didn't even matter. He would have taken her no matter the circumstances. He needed her that badly.

Michael slid his dick between her thighs and entered her slowly from behind. Even though she was sopping wet with desire, her pussy had to stretch almost painfully to accommodate Michael.

"Oh God," he whispered in her ear. She was so tight around him. Once he gathered his wits about him, he began to thrust into her smoothly. Encouraged by her moans, he began to increase the strength of his thrusts.

Michael still had one hand around her neck to hold her in place, and with the other he massaged her sensitive clit as he took her from behind. She cried out as soon as he pressed against it, unable to handle the sensations flooding her body.

The ocean water was slapping up against her center, and Michael was touching her clit from the front while thrusting into her pussy from the back. It didn't take long for the white hot waves of ecstasy to crash through her body as she screamed out with pleasure.

Michael groaned as Jo's body pulsed and tightened around his cock, and he began pumping into her in a blind frenzy. Finally, he released his seed into her and she whimpered as she filled with his warmth.

When their bodies finally stopped pulsing and their breathing returned to normal​, Michael still held onto her, not wanting to let her go. And so they remained intertwined, their bodies connected as one.

*****************
Thanks for reading! What did you think of this chapter? Should Jo have given into Michael or no? Let me know in the comments or by voting!