Chapter 8

Ray

Alexis was sleep, it had been about 2 hours I was just laying behind her holding her waist.

I slowly unwrapped my arms from around her waist and lifted up the back of her shirt. Sure enough I seen the bruises, although they were starting to fade off they were noticeable. I slid my finger tips across one and Alexis arched her back and softly said ouch, but didn't wake. I moved my hand and continued to examine the bruises. All of them were a dark purple and big, but the one that caught my eye was a long bruise going from her lower back to her the front of her pants to her "area".

What the hell happened to her?

Did Andrea do this? No, no way she's to nice, but then again looks can always be deceiving.

Was she beat? Why would anyone do this to a girl like her?

So many thoughts were running through my head now, I couldn't think right. I was furious that someone put their hands on her, but sad that she had to endure it.

"You see them?" Alexis whispered.

Fuck..

I stayed quiet.

"It's okay Ray, you can tell me. They're the reason I couldn't go to the beach today." She said softly. "They don't hurt that much anymore."

"I'm so sorry Alexis." I said. "I saw them that night on ooVoo, and ever since that night I've been curious about them."

"You don't have to be sorry, I'd be curious about a friend who had bruises like that too." She sniffled.

She's crying... what happened?

"Can I trust you, Ray?" She says. "Like without a doubt."

"Yea, you can no matter what you can. I'll always be here." I say.

"Come with me." She says getting up and walking to the bathroom.

I didn't know what she was up to, but I followed her. Once I walked in she closed the door behind me, she took a deep breath and slowly started to undress. My eyes widened at her body, not at her standing in front of me in her bra and panties, but at her bruises.

On her stomach it was just the bruises of her back coming to the front, her breast had slight bruises on them, that were a dark shade of red. My eyes wandered down to her thighs which sealed the deal for me. Her thighs were covered in big circle bruises all in between her legs, and around her "area". There was so many, she put a big T-Shirt on and looked at me, then wiped her tears.

I tried my hardest to gather my thoughts, so much was running through my head. I knew what thing for sure though, she wasn't beat or abused, she was raped. Brutally.

"They're going away." She says smiling weakly.

"Why? Who?" I said. "Oh man."

"I don't wanna talk about it, at least not right now. As long as you know where they came from." She says.

Before I knew it I pulled her into me and hugged her tight, she clinched her fists into my shirt and started to cry softly.

"Ray I want you to promise me something?" She says through her tears.

"Anything."

"Promise me you won't look at me any different. That I'll always be the same Alexis you looked at my first day of school." She sniffles.

"I promise."

I like you too much to do that... I can't go back now.
-
I didn't really want to leave Alexis, but she insisted I go home when, Andrea got back. So I did, the boys were all chilling at Jacob's house so I decided to go ahead and join them.

So as of now we're all just chilling in Jacob's living room playing the 2k against each other.

"How was the beach niggas?" I laughed focused on the game.

"Cool." Chresanto said.

"Nigga, shutup. You should be saying your night was wonderful, Serena finally let you get a kiss." Craig teased.

"Nigga damn." I laughed.

"Fuck y'all." Chres growled.

"You mad Chres?" Jacob said.

"Get off my tip, let's get on Ray. Nigga been dedicating all his time on Alexis." Chres said.

"True, hasn't even known her for a month, and they're always around each other." Craig said.

"Atleast it ain't take me four years to get a first date." I laughed. "And she's cool to be around."

"I bet." Craig said.

"What do you mean "I bet" she is." I say.

"Yea she is, she seems like it, but let's be honest Ray she won't be around long." Prod said.

"He has a point, bro." Jacob inputs. "Every girl you like, you end up dating them. Then after a month you're either tired of her or she playing you."

"Not saying that Alexis is the type, but you never know." Craig says.

I'm not gonna lie... I admit to my shit. All that shit they saying is true.. but Alexis feels different.

"They're right, and you know it. We yo' boys." Chres says giving me dab. "All we ask is you take it slow and be careful."

"I will, let's just get back to the game." I say.