Chapter 7

Sunday Afternoon

I peeled my eyes open, hearing knocking on my bedroom door. I slowly stood to my feet, feeling pain jolt through my abdomen. I finally reach the door and open it only to be greeted with Andrea's smile.

"Baby it's 3:35 p.m, you've slept enough." Andrea says.

"I know, I'm up now." I yawned, running my eyes.

"Alright, you have company, Ray's downstairs." Andrea says turning away from door. My eyes grew wide and I quickly shut my door.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself as pain struck my side again. That's when I noticed the weird taste in my mouth and I realized why I had these abdomen pains. "Never again Alexis."

I walked back into the bathroom and grabbed my tooth brush, quickly cleaning them. After quickly slipping on clothes and taming my hair I was prepared to walk downstairs.

"Hey sleepyhead." Ray greeted as I descending down the stairs.

"Hey." I smiled. "Come on, you can come upstairs."

I turned on my heels leading him to my room, and opened my door. "Welcome to my sanctuary."

"Niceeee." He says looking around.

"Thank you." I smile taking his bright purple hair and placing it over my freshly braided hair. "Would you like to know a fact?"

"What's up?" He says looking at me.

"Purple is a royal color." I say. "Way back then near Rome, they took snails smashed them, boiled them, and then put cloth in. The snails gave off the purple color, the material was sold for high prices since the snails were abundant. Only royal people could buy the material, Deeming purple as a royal color."

"I knew there was a reason I like purple." He laughs. "I'm royalty."

"Whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves Ray." I tease, placing his hat back on top of his head.

"Smart and beautiful, I wonder what else there is to you." He says.

More than you know.

"You'll have to find out." I smile.

"Don't worry I'll be around to figure it out." Ray says.

I'll hold you to that.

"What do you wanna do today?" He says. "Your choice."

"I don't know." I shrug.

"How about you get dressed, I'll go back downstairs. We leave, meet up with my boys, and we think of a master plan."

"Sounds good to me." I say standing to my feet. "Out you go." I pull him off my bed and lead him to the door.

"Fine I'm going." He laughs walking out pulling the door close behind him.

-

"Where are we meeting the boys at?" I said.

"Um.." Ray says grabbing his phone. "In and Out."

"Good, food place I'm starving." I smiled taking his phone out of his hand. "I'll take that, focus on the road."

"You must've been really tired." Ray chuckled.

Oh yea, last night...

"Yea I was, I had fun. Thank you." I said looking out the window.