I stare at her in awe while she makes her way across the room to the poor professor. I've lost count of how many times he's been interrupted.

"Carla, late again?" Mr Parker asks, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "You should've just stayed at home because we're almost done, here."

Carla rolls her eyes at him. "I wish, but that's not what Mrs Addison said."

She pushes past everyone's desk hurriedly. I look back at Brent and he seems uninterested, scribbling on his book. Wonder why he's not interested in Carla? I'm sure all kinds of females are his type. I shrug and write some more notes on my notebook.

"Get up, bitch." I hear her curse.

I'm about to grin until I catch her looking down at me. Wait, is she addressing me?

I look at Brent then back at Carla. She's watching me in a way that's obviously saying, yeah, you.

"Um, I'm sorry?" I look at her extremely confused.

Do I really look like an easy girl to her? Making me move seats? What are we, in seventh grade?

She dramatically gapes at me. "Do as I say," she snaps, gritting her white teeth.

Brent harshly stands up at that. "Carla," he calls. "Don't talk to her like that."

"Oh, cute," she mocks. "Taking side of your new booty call now?" She raises her voice, which seems to be turning some heads around.

"Booty call?" I whisper and furiously shake my head at her.

Is she some psycho ex girlfriend? Because she definitely seems like one.

"Excuse my stupid sister," Brent apologetically says, glaring at Carla. "She's always been this way."

Sister... No, doesn't ring a bell.

Brent moves past me and grabs Carla's arm. She stiffens, but doesn't push him away when he leans in to whisper something in her ear. I freeze on the spot, waiting for them to finish, wondering what he's telling her. I hear a lot of mumbling and arguing.

To my surprise, I feel Carla's hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry," she shoots me a smile full of teeth and sighs. "I didn't know you were his girlfriend, I mean, Brent doesn't usually date—"

"She's not his girlfriend," a noticeably attractive voice speaks up, and I gulp when Sam turns around, his cold eyes on Carla.

Carla turns to glare at him. "Can't you be happy for Brent once?"

One guy that's sitting in front of Sam turns around, pointing at Brent. "I think Brent has a thing for the new girl, now."

"Shut up, Wyatt." Sam roughly pushes him back to place, but he turns around again, smirking.

"Yeah, Wyatt," Brent glares. "Shut up."

Mr Parker joins in, "Carla, just sit next to Sam. And Wilson, for Christ's sake."

Carla slides in next to Sam without protesting, not breaking eye contact with me. "Don't worry about Sam, he's weird." She leans in next to my ear and whispers, "But definitely hot!"