Chapter 6 Painful Revelations

Chapter 6

Painful Revelations

I rolled in pain; the smell of smoke had filled my nostrils as if I was in the burning pits of hell. My eyes blinded, scalded by a naked flame. I exclaimed, “What has happened to me!” My skin blistered and torn felt like it was being pecked repetitivly like a corpse and crows.

The sensitive yet firm male voice again “James, James calm down” but this was no time for calm, this was time for action. Such pain could not stop me from my cause

I said “where is my wife Jane”

He said, “alas she is gone but you live, life is precious and life you do have”

I replied angrily “do not talk to me in such a way, be firm direct and fetch me my armor and my swords”

He said “alas thou cannot see, you in battle is like a fire in water…I saved you that is enough”

I tried to stand but my skin only peeled more. Breathing heavenly I said, “What happened to my eyes”

He said “alas James, they set a fire upon your cottage to try to unhinged any future escape from Gale”

“You call her Gale too? What is the meaning of this and please my amour and sword”

“Young James the sky is dark it is no time for this”

I said “doesn’t make a difference to me now does it? And how do you now her as Gale?”

“At least you still have your wits and thou is Electrobe, member of the Supreme Team alas we have fell into great distemper with murmurs of a greater evil coming causing the need for the whole team. Yet this has sent Pyro mad together them all… keeping them against their will”

“Well we can stop him,” I said

“Yet two men against them would be suicide loyal sir,” he said

“Do you know where they are?” I asked angrily still laid on the ground finding it difficult to move.

“Of course, they are in France, a beautiful tranquil palace”

“I am owed a great favor by the King, the one and only William the Conqueror…get my amour and swords, the golden chest would not have melted”

“You will not be able to move, your scars burnt deep, your eyes unusable”

“Blindfold me! Prepare me for this battle, we must make great haste” I exclaimed

“You do know what sort of power they have?”

“As long as I have blood flowing through my veins, I don’t care!’

He dressed me, placing my helmet upon my head, my apparel upon my body and my swords upon my back. I was without vision but they were without passion, it was now an even playing field. I was lead to a horse, which I climbed upon using all my strength. It was something, which usually took second and no thought.  Jane needed me and I needed Jane, this was no time to be a coward.  We headed for London for me to seek council with William, such a noble man I knew I could depend on his help. My mission clear although I could not set my sights upon it. Within 2 hours we were in London. I had been once before, a shadow of the greatness you hear of. Buildings all crammed, excrement covered the streets and I could still smell it mixing with the smoke to create a sick, revolting taste in my nostrils. The land of prosperity I think not.