Chapter 1 Heroes Tale Begins

Chapter 1 Prince of Power

 All great battles can be won by strength and numbers but without heart and courage what is the need? What is the point? I rather of had something to fight for then to spill the blood of an innocent man, every setting of the sun brings back the faces of the men I have killed. They will haunt me forever more, I know that for sure but if I should find peace maybe it will take away the element of my pain but it will never be fully vanquished.

Oh and my name, I am called James Leeonidus, a normal man with a normal life. Ex infantry for your Royal King Harold Godwinson before his defeat to William of Normandy only a few months ago. I now owe my honour to him upon his taking of the English crown ye the treats me as a friend.  I prefer not to talk about my days in battle although I had still kept my amour and swords in case the King ever calls upon me again. They were not up in honour but hid within a golden chest like my very own Pandora’s box

I live with my darling wife Jane. Her unusually short cropped hair and beautiful blue eyes make her individual along with the body of a goddess. She is not like the other women of my time; she has desire, a desire to be greater then any ordinary man or woman. She is wonderful, so strong minded.  I just didn’t know to what extent.

About me? Both parents’ dead, my father a captain turned baker, my mother a simple peasant who taught me my morals. I live in a small cottage in the village of Greenharlow on the East Coast not far from London but I remain happy and upbeat from making my money from chopping down trees in the local forest. The shadows of the trees often leave me in darkness. The works of evil spirits and witches enviably surrounding me.

My lifestyle is peaceful, it is tranquil, and it is everything I ever wanted. I knew it couldn’t last forever, I knew one day I would have to call upon all of my bravery once again.