Chapter One

Nico's POV

"What do you mean I have to go live with wizards?!?" I yelled, directing my words at my father, not caring if he decided to smite me; anything would be better than this.

"There was more than one reason why I took you out of the hotel at the time I did. If I wanted to, I could've taken you out a few years prior and you or your sister could've been the child of the prophecy, but that would've ruined this plan," Hades started.

"But Father! Why me? There has to be other kids at camp that fit the role who would be honored!" I begged, not wanting to go and live with the wizards. His plan was likely to get me killed.

"I've been planning this for over sixteen years. I don't care what you have to say, nothing is going to stop this from happening," Father said, giving me a look that said 'I might need you to do this, but your friends aren't needed alive for anything.' So I stopped arguing.

I sighed. "How am I supposed to pull this off?" I asked and my father smirked in triumph.

"You will go by the name of Riddle; Nicodemus Riddle. Hecate will bless you with magic and give you all the information you need to know about the Wizarding World. We will guide you on this quest and help you when you need help," he explained. "I am unaware of the length of this quest, it will probably be for a few years," my eyes widened, "But you will have summers off...maybe."

I let out another sigh, this time of annoyance. "How did you even plan this out?" I asked. "How would you know I'd be alive for this?"

My father shrugged. "I didn't know if you would live, but I hoped you would, and not just so you could do this quest. I do care about you, son." I blushed slightly but tried to hide it. "And as to how I set this up, sixteen years ago, before Tom Riddle went into the Potter household, I planted a false memory in his mind, one where he laid with a woman and she had a son. I have him remembering only meeting you once, when you were just born, and demanding your name to be Nicodemus, and that you take his last name as you were his heir. Now that he has returned, he has been looking for you. He will try to manipulate you, and you must let him believe he has succeeded. I will plant a thought in his mind as to where you might be, and you will let him find you. You are not to go with him so easily, you must let him persuade you, but be his most loyal follower, do his bidding. Do what is necessary for him to succeed, until he's about to win. If Harry Potter is unable to defeat him, it's up to you."

"Why don't I just kill him immediately?" I asked and my father shook his head.

"It's not how the fates want it to play out. I know that this will be the more difficult path, but it needs to happen this way."

I nodded. "I understand, Father."

It didn't take long for Hecate to appear and bless me. When she handed me my wand, a tweleve and a quarter inch made from an Ash tree with a theresal hair as the core, I knew exactly how to use it. I knew which spells to cast for what, and what curses to duel with. I knew everything.

She wished me luck, and told me I'd be leaving in less than a month.

My father informed me that today would be my last day in America, and that what he would be blessing me with tomorrow would make sure my backstory lined up. I wasn't sure what that meant, but I figured that I'd find out tomorrow so I didn't let it bother me too much.

As I shadow traveled back to my cabin, I started packing. I wasn't upset that I was leaving for so long since the only people who cared about me were at Camp Jupiter.

Percy and Annabeth and moved there for college, along with Piper who wanted to stay with Jason. Hazel and Frank always considered there to be their home, so they just stayed, happy to be with their friends.

Now, the only person left here was Lou Ellen, but her and I were drifting apart since I was barely at camp anyways. Me always being gone is what drove Will and I to break up, but he didn't understand that it was my duty as Ambassador of Pluto to go on small, prophecyless quests for my father.

It didn't take long to pack, and when I was done, I popped over to New Rome and told Percy and Annabeth bye, along with my sister, her boyfriend, and Jason and Piper.

It'd been almost a year since I saw them last, and they were all shocked at my appearance. I was as tall as Percy now, taller than half an inch but he didn't want to believe that, and had grown my hair out to my shoulders. I was able to pull it back into a small ponytail; I told the others I was debating cutting it for the quest, but they talked my out of it. They told me it helped me look older, and Piper told me that long hair was now the 'it' style for guys.

I didn't think I needed help looking older. I was already part god so I got many of my fathers features including a straight nose, a strong jaw line, 'luscious' hair, dark eyes, pale skin that wouldn't tan, and a slightly muscular (But not like Frank's) body.

Basically, puberty treated me well.

(Sorry for the shit end to this chapter but I didn't know how to transition into the next to I'll just leave this here. Also, I'm sorry for changing this appearance so much, but basically he couldn't be a scrawny boy because that wouldn't fit at all with what Tom Riddle looked like in Chamber of Secrets)

(Also, I wanted to make Nico super fucking hot)