Masked Man (T'Challa x Reader)

You nervously walked down the street. Walking alone in New York City was never a good idea. Especially when their was news going around about people being robbed and/or kidnapped. You didn't plan on staying at work so late but your boss forced you. Your heart sank when you suddenly heard whistling and hollering. "Hey baby!" A guy yelled. You rolled your eye and picked up your pace.

"Hey don't run off so soon! Come over here and hang with us!" Another guy yelled. Someone grabbed your arm.

"Aw where you going? Got a business meeting or something." He said, looking at you up and down.

"No." You said. You tried to continue on but the guy shoved you against the side of the brick building. You are so mad at yourself. You should have taken the long street way instead of the short alley short cut. The four other guys stood around the guy.

"Let's get rid of that pesky blouse eh?" He said. The guys laughed as you fought the guys hands away from your shirt.

"No!" You yelled. You screamed restless but no one could probably hear you. New York was a busy place with let's of people. If anyone heard you they probably assumed it was a drunk.

"Shut up already." The creep said, he hit your head with something. You couldn't see what it was, he had swung it down so fast. You screamed and sunk to the ground. A loud deep scream erupted in the alley way. Everyone was stunned by a person with a suit as dark as the night sky zipped around fighting the men. They didn't put much of fight since the masked hero was obviously trained in fighting and he was very fast. The creep pulled you off the ground by your shirt.

"Let her go." The masked man said. The guy chuckled and looked at the masked guy.

"What are you gonna do about it kitty?" He asked. The masked man let sharp claws come out of his gloves. He clawed the creep in the face. He screamed out and let you go. You slid into the pavement, feeling very dizzy. The creep ran off which just appeared to be a fast moving blur. You felt the masked man grabbed you shoulders. He was nothing but a huge blur. You felt yourself lift off the ground and then saw black.

****

You groaned when your eyes started to open. The room was painfully bright. I gave you an automatic headache. The sound of beeping was all through the room. When your eyes focused, you saw a older woman in white. She smiled warmly at you.

"Where am I?" You whispered.

"Why you're at the hospital dear. You had awful head trauma. You're lucky that Black Panther was there." She said. Your eyes narrowed.

"Black...Panther?" You asked. You looked over at the chair near the window. The man in all black sat there, you found it odd that he kept his mask on. You tried to sit up but a quick head made you fall back on the bed. You felt the nurse hand grab your arm. The masked man was quickly at your side.

"Don't do that dear you're not ready." She said. You nodded and shut your eyes.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." You said, reassuring the two of them. They both nodded and remained there for a few minutes.

"I must get going. I will be back to check on you." The nurse said. You nodded and watched her leave the room. You turned to Black Panther.

"Thank you for helping. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't there." You said. He slightly nodded. His hand went over top of yours. You tried you hardest to remember what his voice had sound like. You stared into the white eyes of his mask.

"Can you talk to me?" You asked. He looked away and shrugged a bit. "Please." You reached up and touched the side of his face. His other hand touched that hand and gently rubbed his thumb up and down the knuckle. You watched him as he did that. He lightly squeezed your hand and let go of your other one. Your arm dropped back down to its side when he abandoned your side. Without a goodbye, he left the hospital room.

*****

You sat on the hospital bed eating the shitty lunch they had gave you. The night was ruff since all you could think about was Black Panther. You wondered if you would ever see the man again. For the longest time you had yourself convinced that you had to get endangered again to see him. But you thought about it longer and got scared when you thought about him not coming to your rescue again.

"Glad to see you sitting up." You looked from your lunch to see a man in a nice suit leaning against the door frame. You pulled your brows together.

"Are you a doctor here?" You asked. Half of his mouth curled into a smile. He walked over and pulled a chair up to the side of the bed. You sat up straighter, feeling awkward. You moved your hand near the 'call nurse' button.

"I came to visit." He said. You nodded a bit. His voice seemed familiar but you couldn't put your finger on it. He noticed you face of confusing and laughed.

"Who are you?" You asked. He set his hand on yours.

"My name is T'Challa." He said. Your confused look remained. He laughed a bit. "Do you read the newspaper?" He asked.

"Not recently." You said. He laughed a bit.

"Well I'm here with my father. The king of Wakanda." He said. You almost chocked on the hospital meat. A prince? Here to see you?

"Oh...." You said, shocked. He nodded. The room went silent. "But why are you here?"

"A friend told me about you-"

"Black Panther?" You said quickly. He nodded. "No way...you know him?"

"Yes I do." He said. He had an odd look on his face.

"Well, tell him....I want to see him again. I want to know who he is." You said. He looked down at his lap.

"I'll tell him for you." He said. You smiled.

"Thank you." You said. He grabbed your napkin and took a pen off the table. You watched him write down a phone number.

"Take this. Call me if you need anything." He said. You took the number and nodded.

"Thank you. I will." You said. He smiled and patted your hand.

"Goodbye (Y/N)." He said. You pulled eyebrows together. He laughed. "The nurse told me." You nodded.

"Gotcha." You said. He nodded and left the room.