"Oh, so leaving my mother, making everyone think you were dead, that was apart of it too? She died because of you. You caused me to grow up without parents" I snap before looking away.

"Just leave me alone, you've already done enough to me" I whisper before closing my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes open, Amon is gone. A movement goes through the room, making me look to the side.

My eyes settled on Tarrlock, who gazed at me softly.

"You! You tried to kill me!" I sneer.

"I'm sorry Dakota.." Tarrlock whispers as he sits behind bars. "Did he get your bending too?" I ask, causing him to nod. 

"I'm sorry" I whispered, feeling somewhat bad for the man. "You've been out for a few days, nothing really happened, except Amon's taken over the city" Tarrlock sighs, making my eyes widen.

Suddenly, the entrance to the room flies open, revealing Korra and Mako.

"Dakota?!" Korra says as her and Mako quickly rush to my side. Mako lights his finger tips on fire, causing the chains to slowly melt away.

"I thought you left with Tenzin, are they okay? Are you okay?" Korra fumbles quickly, her eyes looking into mine.

I shake my head quickly, tears threatening to fall yet again. "Lin and I, we left Tenzin to try and stop the airship following us. We were doing good, took down an airship, but...we were captured. He was about to take Lin's bending, and suddenly...I was able to bloodbend him." I say, making Tarrlock's eyes to widen.

"This can't be happening" Tarrlock whispers, making Mako and Korra glare at him.

"Why are you here?" Korra asks, her voice angered.

"The same reason Dakota is here. We're related to Amon" he states, making my eyes widen.

~~~~~~~~

"It all began with my father, Yakone. With the help of his former gang, he escaped prison and underwent surgery to change his appearance.  He assumed a new identity, and settled down in the Northern Water Tribe.  That's where he met, my mother, a warm, caring woman. Before long, they started a family together.  was the firstborn, under the name Noatak. I was born three years later.  Noatak was a good-natured kid, always looking out for me. Those were the good years. Before my brother and I discovered we were waterbenders. At first we were excited by our new abilities, but our training brought out a different side of my father." Tarrlock explains as Mako works on my chains.

"Even back then, my brother wanted everyone to be treated fairly and equally. When I was seven, my father took me and Noatak on a hunting trip far away from our home.  He told us his true identity was Yakone, Republic City's most notorious crime boss, and that he was once a bloodbender of rare skill."

"The good days were behind us. Every full moon, our father took us on another supposed "hunting trip," where he secretly trained us in bloodbending.  We kept the truth from my mother." Tarrlock continues, making my eyes widen.

"A few years later, my father taught us to bloodbend anytime, without the need of the full moon.  We practiced constantly, and I hated every minute of it. I had no stomach for manipulating helpless animals. My brother, however, seemed to revel in this newfound power. He was a prodigy, mastering my father's psychic bloodbending technique by the time he was fourteen." Tarrlock says before looking at me. Was this the reason I was able to pick up the skill so quickly?

"Even though Noatak was my father's favorite, it wasn't any easier for him. He carried the burden of all Yakone's expectations and demands. Something changed in Noatak over the years; the loving brother I once knew became cold and detached. Our father pushed us to extremes, and one day, he made us bloodbend each other. My father and I searched for days, but we never found a sign of Noatak. We thought he perished in that storm. My mother was never the same after the loss of my brother.  father stopped training me. With Noatak gone, his hopes for revenge withered.  And he passed away, a few years later." Tarrlock says, finishing his story.

"That's one of the saddest stories I've ever heard" Korra frowns.

He must have came to Republic City" I whisper, looking at Tarrlock, my uncle. "My Grandma says my mom met a Water Tribe Boy when she was only 16. They instantly fell in love and a few years later, were married and pregnant with me" I mumble. 

"He died in a snowstorm, and depressed by his death, my mother died in childbirth" I whisper as Mako finally breaks the chains.

"Avatar Korra. Dakota. I am truly sorry for all that I did to you two. I thought I was better than my father, but his ghost still shaped me. I became a soldier of revenge, just like he wanted me to be. And so did my brother. The revolution may be built on a lie, but I think Amon truly believes bending is the source of all evil in the world." Tarrlock says sadly.

As Tarrlock explains how he knew Amon was his brother, Korra and Mako discuss a plan.

"I'm so sorry what I did to you Dakota" Tarrlock whispers, ashamed. I put a hand on his shoulder "Thank you, for telling me. Telling us his story" I say, making him smile slightly.

"We can't just leave him" Korra says as she helps me to my feet.

"Go. If Amon finds out I'm gone, he'll know someone was here. If Dakota isn't, well I'll just tell him that she was moved. Please, put an end to this sad story" Tarrlock whispers as Mako helps me walk away.