Epilogue (Part 1)

<<<<<<<Maya POV>>>>>>>

The biting british wind travels up my skirt leaving me feeling tingling. The wind blows my hair around like the leaves in autumn falling out of place. Glancing sideways, I smile at him as the warmth of his hand touches me.

"I hope we made the right decision moving from America to England," he says.
"The hospital were relocating. When England offered me that job as consultant, I couldn't say no. It's perfect for us to start a family," I tell him whilst cuddling into his arm.
"I trust you babe. You're one in a million," he chirps.
"I love you, Nathan" I kiss the bridge of his nose.
"I love you, my little bookworm," he whispers into my ear.

Walking to luggage collection area, I pick up two gigantic suitcases and Nate picks up the remaining two. Briskly, we get checked at security control and our passports are scanned. After inconsequential paperwork, the doors open and I breathe in the air of my new country, my new nation. It doesn't feel like home yet, I miss the warm springs in Florida and flowers. I'll get used to it though.

"The taxi's here, beautiful," Nate breaks my thoughts.
"I was just thinking," I say, hushed.
"Penny for your thoughts," he raises his eyebrows.
"I'll tell you later, you goof," I laugh hard.
"I'll put the suitcases into the boot, you tell him where to," Nate suggests.

Doing as he said, I shuffled to the driver's window.
"Hi, erm we're from America. We've just moved-" I start.
"Maya," Nate calls.
"One minute," I shout back.
"Sorry, can you take us to the west of London, Darlington Road," I turn back to the driver.
"Maya," Nate calls again.
"Hold on," I say.
"Yes, I can," the driver responds.
"Great, how much will that cost?" I ask.
"Maya!" Nate shouts.
"Wait!" I laugh at his impatient behaviour.
"£60.00," the driver says bluntly.
"Great," I reply.

Walking around the car, I make my way to Nate.
"What? Mr Impatient," I say sarcastically.
"We got the wrong suitcase," he glares daggers.
"What?" I ask bewildered.
"Maya, darling, we've got the wrong suitcase." he breaks each word down, his voice dripping with sarcasm. Damn it!

He was right, this suitcase was black with silver detailing, however ours had gold detailing.
"Let's go back," I say grabbing the suitcases, and briskly walking to the airport. I feel Nathan's glares from behind but I brush them off. Nathan isn't like any other guy I've dated, his imperfections are perfect for me. He has blond hair, and striking blue eyes, unlike my past lover. His ghosts are my enemies. I love him!

"What do you mean you can't find my freaking suitcase?" A high pitch voice echoes. That is my clue to where my suitcase may be.
"Hi, I'm Maya Edwards. This is my husband. We've picked up the wrong suitcase. Is this by any chance yours?" I ask politely, showcasing the silver detailed, black suitcase.
"Oh my goodness! You are a life saver. Thank you so much! I don't know what I'd do without this suitcase, I've put everything in there. By the way, I'm Jennifer Knight," she gushes, completely relieved.

I study her features for a brief moment. She is quite pretty: a long lean frame, blonde hair and greyish eyes. Completely opposite to me.
"Do you, by any chance know where our suitcase is?" Nathan interrupts, my train of thoughts.
"Oh, is this it?" She holds out our dark suitcase.
"Thanks," Nate says, grabbing the suitcase, getting ready to leave.
"It was nice meeting you. That plane ride was so long wasn't it?" I tell her, as Nate attempts the usher me outside towards the taxi.
"Yeah. Have you come to the UK on holiday?" Jennifer politely questions, in her smooth British accent.
I turn back around, and reply, "Nope, my husband and I have transferred here for work, from Florida."
"My husband is from Florida too. We've come to the UK to settle down."
"Ah, cute!" I awe. "Where is your husband?" I look around, but see no one.
"He should be coming, anytime now. Would you like to meet him, I'm sure your husband and him will get on well."
"Erm... I'm afraid if I don't go with my husband right this moment, he might throw a strop." We both turn around to face Nate, who is impatiently waiting like a child who can't sit still in a long car journey.

Jennifer giggles. "Yeah, but he'll only be a couple of minutes. We could wait in Starbucks, whilst we are waiting." She pleads.
Nate smiles at Jennifer and then whispers quietly in my ear, "Maya, the Taxi is waiting..."
I grin at Jennifer, "Oh, what the heck? It can't do no harm to make a new friend," and almost hear Nate's internal groan. He can be quite lazy sometimes, but nevertheless he's still my soulmate.

Sitting down in a small franchise of Starbucks, inside the airport, I purchase my skinny caramel latte. I sit next to Nathan, and opposite Jennifer.

"So what part of Florida are you from?" Jennifer ask.
"Well, I'm from Orlando-"
"No way! My husband is too," Jennifer interrupts, "Small world."
"-but we are moving to England because of a job offer. What about you?" I ask.
"I'm from England. But my husband is from America. He has moved to England because we got married a month ago, and we thought we should settle down," Jennifer blushes shyly.
"That is so cute," I laugh at her sheer cuteness.
"I think I'm having a child," she whispers.
"What? That is amazing. But I don't think I would randomly tell a stranger," I laugh.

Minutes pass by of discussion and I begin to get to know Jennifer. She is quite nice. She's quite bubbly, friendly and open. I hear a manly voice calling for Jennifer.

"Ahhh, my husband," She jumps up and runs outside Starbucks. I hear laughter, kissing and talking.
"Maya, this is my husband," Jennifer says, proudly. Turning on my heels toward them, my heart almosts stops. Momentarily, my senses freeze and I stare at the one and only Reece Knight. I feel my heart beating rapidly heart and moments flash in my head.

"Maya," he whispers equally as shocked.
"Reece. It's been a lifetime," I whiper barely audible. His face is more matured, he has grown gracefully. His hair is no longer in a teenage quiff, but a combover. His cheeks adorn a well groomed beard, that accents his features.
"How are you?" His voice shakes.
"Good, you?" I ask, my voice quivering.
"Good." He smiles slightly but my expression of shock never falters.

"Do you two know each other?" Jennifer asks.
I very difficultly pull my eyes away from Reece, but he still stares at me in disbelief. "He... Erm... was an old... Erm-" I stutter.
"-Friend," Reece finishes off.
"Yes, friend," I repeat.
"That is great. We can all catch up," Jennifer suggests.
"No, Nate and I have to go," I say, strongly.
"You can stay," Nate says enveloping his hand in mine. I nod my head, agreeing with him. It is time for Reece and I, to sort what is left of us.

::::::::::::::::::authors note::::::::::::::::::::
Eep! There is only two more chapters left!
Please, vote comment and add this book to your reading list.
The next chapters amazing, trust me! So stay tuned... They'll be released in the next few days.
- Amina and Zaina