Chapter One: The White Widow.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

A suburban area with the typical bystander, American dream, families.

Everyone seemed so replenished and happy, little humans riding bicycles, green vibrant leaves with little peeks of yellow swayed behind in our path forward, everything felt all surreal at one twitch of a moment. It all felt innocent, yet full of little white lies.

As I looked through the glass of my guardian's rose gold Audi R8, the setting sun kissed my face with warmth and glow before taking it's twelve hours slumber, and the architectural designs of each house fell easy on my eyes. I felt like this was a well deserved blessing, indeed I did.

"We're here, Mommy!! You like the crib?" Charlaie said excited in her cute Latino accent, picking her Sakura pink strands of hair from her mouth.

We pulled onto a curved, red bricked with white trimming, drive through next to the mover's truck and employees who were unloading our boxes and furniture.
Our final destination rested by our Victorian styled two car garage. The Villa mimicked the Bishop's Palace but modern, plus a tad bit beat down.

"You bought this place?" I asked.

"Nah, it was passed down from my grandpa, Julio Raphael Enrique Escobar, and he decided I was worthy enough to take care of it, out of all of my brothers."

"Oh, Mr. Big Bucks."

                   Charlaie is basically the incarnate of her drop dead     beautiful grandmother, Solei Maria Guerrera, who spent her days basically living as a Spanish princess. She also remained unmarried untill she eloped with her lover, Valentino Ricky Escobar.

Their love together ,made a beautiful Spanish, norwegian, and Asian baby. Their spawn grew into a daddies girl, and she learnt all about her father's work, skills, and family secrets.

          Her father was a Mafia Boss, and buried tons of money right under this particular house.
    There's always been rumors which house that would've been, seeing that he owned acres in almost every state or country. Who knows, he probably was one of the first to land on Mars.

I loved the sight of a new life.

Welcome to the beginning of my story.

My name is Draike Phillips, and I'm seventeen years old. Im observant as I am gracious. I'm Charlaie's right hand. I clean, cook, basically take care of her trap, and stay on security.
We opened the double gold grand doors and it had deep engraved lions in the doors.

We walked into the mansion and I immediately fell in love with the vanilla colored walls, plush all white carpet that felt and textured like cotton candy. There were two beautiful triangle white wooded arches, the left leading to a small area and stairs, the right led to a room with skylights.

"Oh my." My eyes were astounded.

" Right? Man, I love wills!"

"Charlaie!” I gently tapped her arm, and gave her a wide eyed stare.

"What?!"
_____

  We drank some wine and unpacked our boxes. We then decorated, even though it took the whole entire day. It was 8:30pm and decided to go for a brisk walk with Charlaie.

We came across a busy street, spotty with activities and bars. There were arcade's, restaurants, boutique, and parks.

"We're downtown." Charlaie clapped her hands, hyped.

The downtown drew me in with the tall golden poled, white street lights on every single block. To the diamond shaped concrete sidewalks, to the romantic willow tree that swayed with endless passion, watching over a white rocking bench. The last thing that caught my eye that I saw was a mermaid sculpture that topped a beautiful water fountain that glowed with hues of different colored with motion lights.

  My heart fell in love with my new home, even though I didn't look forward to meeting new faces.

'Oh great, people.' I thought and rolled my eyes.

" Oh come on, you can handle humans for one night." Charlaie ran a hand through my maroon curls.

"It's different when you're black in the richest neighborhoods."

" Yeah. I'm twenty five percent Mexican, I know your feels. Sounds like a personal issue, though and fuck someone's opinion."
Charlaie flipped her hair and walked straight ahead.

I sadly followed. Even though I wish for a private walk, the downtown looked beautiful. To the Grand library,  to the twinkling street lights. The atmosphere felt like no one ever slept on a Sunday night.

 Charlaie pulled me into a lavender colored brick building that was a boutique called 'Curves'.
There were two open windows on the left and right, showing off some sexy mannequins dressed in black plastic under frilly underwear.

"We close in thirty." The cashier said.

"Hello to you too!" Charlaie piped.

"Charli, why are we here?"

"Baby, I'm bout to pimp yo ride. You got school!"

"No need."

Um, yes need! I'm gonna make you look fire!"

_____