1

Max's POV

After falling down this stupid hole, Ross is just sitting there.

"Get up!" I tell him.

"Why?" He asks. "I'm scared."

"It will be okay," I tell him. "I know this place."

"Fine," he sighs, standing up. I guide him down the path to a small little gateway where i nudge him through.

"Hi!" Pipes a little golden flower. "I'm Flowey! Flowey the flower!"

Ross looks at it uncertainly.

"Golly, you must be so confused," Flowey pipes.

"Well, duh, I just fell down a hole," Ross rolls his eyes, still looking at the creature.

"Someone ought to teach you how things work around here!" Flowey smiles. "Guess, little old me will have to do!"

A faintly glowing heart appears in front of Ross. His eyes widen and he reaches out to touch it.

"You see that?" Flowey asks. "That is your soul. The very culmination of your being!"

"Woah," Ross mutters, inching closer to the heart. I put a hand on his shoulder, stopping him. He looks up at me with those blue eyes that always captivate me, somehow.

"Your soul starts off weak, but can grow stronger if you gain lots of LV!" The flower pipes.

"Hm?" Ross asks, looking away from me.

"What is LV, you ask? Love of course!"

"Love?" Ross asks. I look down at him.

"Listen, don't try to gain any LV," I tell him.

"Why not?" He asks.

"Love is shared through little white friendliness pellets," The flower interrupts. "You want some love don't 'cha? Don't worry! I'll share some with you!"

White pellets appear next to the flower.

"Don't touch them," I tell Ross. He nods moving the heart away from the pellets.

"Hey, buddy," the flower looks at him threateningly. "Ya missed them."

More shoot out and Ross is incredibly underprepared. The pellets hit him and I watch him get hurt.

"Max?" He asks, looking up at me with those bold eyes. I hold back a wince, but I can't do anything, I'm not strong enough.

"You idiot!" The flower scoffs.

"In this world, it's kill or BE KILLED!"

"M-Max," Ross mutters, tearing up a bit.

"I'm sorry!" I tell him.

"Who would ever pass up an opportunity like this?!" Flowey exclaims. "Die!"

Ross' eyes widen as the pellets stop inches from him and his soul. And as soon as the pellets disappear, I crash down onto the concrete and hug him.

Then, the golden flower shoots off, screeching as he's thrown away.

A goat lady with purple robes and white fur appears. She has black hair like a humans.

"Mom!" I exclaim.

"What?" Ross asks, looking at me.

"What a terrible creature, torturing such a poor innocent youth," she says, frowning.

"Who are you?" Ross asks, glancing at me.

"Do not be afraid, my child," She smiles. "I am Jess, caretaker of the ruins."

"H-hi, Jess," Ross stutters.

"I pass through this place everyday to see if anyone has fallen down," she smiles at him. "You are the first human to come here in a long time."

Ross eyes me suspiciously. I shrug.

"Come!" Mom takes his hand and pulls him off the ground. "I will guide you through the catacombs."

Ross glances at me and I nod. So, he follows her and she leads him up to the entrance of the ruins. They enter and I follow after them, holding onto Ross' sweater.

-:-

Part 1 of ?

(Note: Some lines are improvised)

-Cat