Chapter Four

(A/N: This chapter contains relations to self harm (both physical and mental) anxiety, sexual intimacy and drug usage. If these things will act as a trigger to you, please do not read any further. Always take care of yourself. You matter.)

Lauren sighs looking down at the younger girl who sleeps peacefully in her arms. She carefully picks up the girl in who her heart longs for.

Lauren walks swiftly through the small hallways of the hotel to get to Camila and Ally's room. After getting the keycard from the pocket of Camila's sweatpants, in which was a huge struggle seeing as Lauren was carrying the brown eyed girl in bridal style, the older girl unlocks the door.

Quietly she proceeds, not wanting to wake Ally in who slept soundlessly on the queen sized bed adjacent to what Lauren assumes is Camila's bed.

The green eyed beauty lowers her still ex-lover onto the bed. Lauren halts for a mere moment in attempt to internalize the petite girl's natural beauty before continuing to look for a blanket. The older girl picks up a blanket she had found coming from Camila's bag. As the older girl unravels the red piece of cloth she smiles to herself.

Lauren had bought this blanket for Camila after their third date. The pair had been at the mall when Camila stopped in front of one of the store windows and began babbling about a red dress.  Lauren took note of the way Camila spoke about the red dress and it soon became her favorite color. Lauren payed such close attention to the way the younger girl's eyes would light up, that she began to see Camila in shades of red.

Lauren saw Camila in shades of red, not because of anger, love, sexual attraction nor hatred. The older girl viewed the brown eyed girl in shades of red because she set forest fires throughout her interior.

Lauren saw red in the way Camila spoke about her family as an intense passion burned throughout her facial expressions.

Lauren saw Camila in shades of red because the first time the two made love, a pair of red lacy panties were attached to Camila's hips and the mere sight of this made Lauren burn.

The first time the green eyed girl gazed upon the younger girl, she wore a red sweater with a pair of black high waisted shorts and Lauren knew.

Lauren saw Camila in shades of red, not because it was a color she liked, not because it was the color of love, but because it was the color of flames. Lauren saw Camila in shades of red because the older girl burned for Camila, in ways that did not destroy her.

Lauren sighs as she looks down at the blanket in her hands before covering the younger girl.

"Goodbye beautiful" Lauren whispers to Camila's still frame before turning to exit the room. However, the green eyed girl knew she would be back. Camila always had her coming back for more.

The older girl escapes to the roof of the hotel with a cigarette in hand and a lighter in the other. Lauren misses Camila in shades of ashes and the blackening of her lungs as she takes a long drag of the cigarette. She murders herself internally, hoping the temporary burning sensation of the nicotine in the back of her throat will cease her longing.

"But you cannot light forest fires with matches and branches when you once had gasoline and an ignition within yourself." Lauren mumbles to herself as she flicks the still burning end of her cigarette off of the hotel roof.

"But I'll die trying." The green eyed girl adds as she removes the cigarette from behind her ear, bringing it to her lips and inhaling harshly
-