M I R A C L E

Miracle Lively

"woo! that workout was nice wasn't it guys?" Kayla breathed out.

"yeah, I'm just a little sweaty" Chris said flopping down onto my couch.

I wasn't so psyched about the entire thing. The entire time we were "exercising" they were just flirting and goofing around while I was actually doing something.

I walked straight into the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water, but of course they came in playing around.

"Chris stooooppp" Kayla giggled as Chris chuckled loudly. I just stood there leaning against my counter looking at them.

"What's wrong Miracle? you look irritated" Chris said.

"Do I now?" I shot back.

his eyebrows frowned together and Kayla just watched. "yeah, you do.. you alright?" he finally spoke up.

"yeah, I'm fine" I spat as I drank some more of my water.

"Well I'm gonna go ahead and head home, see ya Miracle" a jolly Kayla said as she got up beginning to walk out.

"mhm bye" I plainly dismissed her, Chris on the other hand, damn near chased her out the kitchen.

I just sighed and rolled my eyes, as I placed my water bottle onto the counter.

Christopher Brown
"hey hey hey, Kayla wait up" I said gently grabbing her arm, she slowly turned around smiling, I returned the favor.

"I was wondering if ya know.. you'd let me take you out sometime" i smoothly said as she slowly took her forearm out of my grip.

"when?" she said.

i smiled. "give me your number and i'll give you a call" i leaned against the door frame, she stared at me for a good minute before answering.

"310-595-2698" she practically sang to me. I gave her a warm smile.

"I'll call you.." she smiled and proceeded to walk out. I then went back into the kitchen to check on Miracle because she seemed a little upset about something but before I could call out her name, I remembered.. I don't have a job to even take Kayla out anywhere.

"Miracle!" I walked into the living room calling her name. 'Miracle!"

Soon i heard creeping coming down the stairs, her legs freshly shaved, water dripping from the tips of her hair, and body shimmering from wetness. I stared in amazement.

"yes..?" her voiced carried on. I quickly cleared my throat closing my eyes. "Uh, i was calling you to see about that construction job you were talking about.." she stayed silent for a while. "I mean if you wanna wait until you get yourself together.. I'll  wai-.." she cut me off.

"First of all, you don't have to close your eyes, I'm fully covered" she lightly giggled. I lowly chuckled and opened my eyes, hesitantly but I opened them. "Now, I talked to my friend and he said he would like see you next week"

I smiled and opened my arms signaling her to come give me some love. She laughed and came all the way  downstairs and she wrapped her arms around my torso and I wrapped my arms around her shoulders. "I really appreciate you girl" I muffled in her wet hair, only she didn't answer back.

 Miracle Lively

"I really appreciate you girl" I heard him say. I didn't answer back because I took this moment seriously because I'm not used to hearing things like this from a male and him meaning it. So, when Chris said that it took me by a surprise.

I looked up at him, our noses almost touching, our lips an inch apart, body heat building up quickly. "Thank you.." he whispered softly. "You're welcome" I said almost inaudible. Next thing you know, he leaned down and our lips connected and my body tensed up. So many thoughts ran through my mind as I moved my lips over his.

What if my husband walks in?

Do I take attraction to Chris?

What if Kayla finds out?

Did I just lose respect for myself?

After that last thought I found the strength to push myself off of Chris. My breathing was off, so was his. I looked up and our eyes connected. He blinked a couple of times then he reached for my arm and I stepped back a bit. "I'm sorry.. I just got caught in the moment and I got carried away.." I put my hand up to stop him. "Stop.. Its okay, lets just forget that even happened"

He looked down in shame, then glanced back at me. "Our little secret?" I just nodded and started to walk back upstairs, leaving him there alone to face reality by himself.

Christopher Brown

I can't believe I just locked lips with Miracle.. I mean she's a married woman. "Wow.." I whispered to myself, "Can't believe I just-.." I got interrupted by the front door opening up and little pitter patter. "POOOOHH" I smiled knowing exactly who it was. I felt little arms wrapped around my calves. "Hey baby, daddy missed you" She just giggled and stuffed her face into my neck.

By then Christina walked in and slouched onto the couch. I glanced at her, I can tell something was bothering her, but I don't know her that well and she doesn't know me at all. However, I just didn't feel right just standing there awkwardly looking at her. So, I took a seat next to her with Royalty still in my arms.

"Something's wrong?" She sighed and crossed her arms as if she didn't want to express it. "Look I ain't tryna be all up in your business.. but it looks like something's wrong with you Christina." I stared at her now red face. "Its.. my dad" she kinda drifted off. "Okay, what about him?" She shifted her posture slightly. "Well the other night I was playing with Royalty.. and she dropped the ball and it rolled out of my room.." I nodded while royalty remained in my lap playing with her long curls. "Well the ball rolled in front of mommy's and daddy's room and their door was cracked open and.." She drifted off again. "And what..?" She took a deep breath and a large swallow and what came out of her mouth next put a freezer on everything else going on in the world for me.

"I saw daddy.. with his hand around mommy's neck and she was crying.."