M I R A C L E

Christopher Brown
July 7th 2016
LA California.

BOOM BOOM, my eyes shot open as my ears started to ring due to the commotion from my front door.

I sluggishly drug my weak frame to the door, opening the door, eyes burning from the fiery sunlight connecting with my troubled eyesight.

"Mr. Brown?" I nodded as a short light skin woman stood in front of me as she searched through her brown suitcase, soon she picked out a bright pink slip and handed it to me, I examined it carefully.

5 Day Notice.
We didn't receive your payment this month, We feel it's best that we alert you before it's too late! Within this week we need to receive your payment therefore you will be evicted from our apartment complex, hurry!

Sincerely, Latasha Holmes of Whistler Crossing Apartment townhouses.

My jaw clenched as the pink slip grew smaller as I gripped it tighter. "What the hell is this?" I gritted out looking at the woman who is staring at me with pity.

"I-it's a notice sir.. you're a month behind on your rent" she stumbled out over her words. A deep sigh came deep within my agony that was building inside.

"I told Latasha I lost my job, therefore I only receive an unemployment check, and I have a 2 year old daughter that I have to take care alone so I'm short on payments.."

The woman looked down in shame, and closed her suitcase as she fixed her glasses onto the bridge of her nose as she cleared her throat.

"Well um, sir.. I really can't help you with that, i wish you and your daughter the very best, God bless" with that she stepped down from my door step and walk on down the sidewalk.

I closed the door. "Yeah right" I muttered as I stumbled over to the couch, throwing the pink slip into the floor, I dropped my head into my hands.

I ran my fingers through my wild hair as I got up, walking upstairs to my daughters room, she was sitting up rummaging through her closet until she finally pulled out her drawing book I bought her for her birthday.

she plopped down in the middle of her floor and looked up and saw me, she cheesed as she crawled over to me, I smiled and bent down and picked her up.

"Pooh!" she exclaimed while placing her tiny hand into my forehead, I chuckled lightly.

"At least I know you won't leave me"

She grinned wide and shoved her face into the crook of my neck, giggling at nothing.

I love this little 2 year old with all of my heart.