M I R A C L E

Christopher Brown

"Deal." I uttered out while running my hands down Royalty's back as she shifted into my arms. Miracle broke a smile as she sipped on her iced coffee.

"I'm sorry... did you want anything? I'll pay" she offered pulling out her wallet without hesitation. I quickly shook my head, declining her offer.

"No thanks, but thanks for the offer" she nodded and put her wallet up. "I'm ready when you are" I grabbed me and my daughter's bags and stood up with her in my arms. She got up too and told the guy behind the counter a quick "bye" and walked on out with me in tow.

The ride to her house and our new home, was silent but comfortable. I watched as we passed through neighborhoods, as I felt Royalty's breathing get softer again, I was starting to doze off until the car came to a halt and I heard Miracle's soft voice.

"We're home" excitement filling her voice, as she hopped out the car and opened the door for me. I sluggishly got out and went to grab my bags but she slapped my hand.

"You just go to the door, I have the bags" she muttered out, I nodded and started to walk toward the big house that sat in front of me. "Wow" I breathed out.

"Yeah.. big isn't it?" She choked out as she struggled to put her key in the lock, seconds later she finally got the door open, and we all migrated inside.

"Mommy! Daddy, mommy's home, mommy's home!" I heard a tiny voice squeal out as a short shadow rushed past me, tackling down Miracle.

"Hey baby, you should be sleep. It's past your bedtime" she giggled out, while sitting up with with who I'm assuming is her daughter.

I stared at them until I met the little girls eyes, a smile began to spread across her face as she pointed at me.

"Mommy brought new friends!" She yelled which made me smile a little. Moments later, a tall man appeared in the hallway.

"what's all the commotion in her-" he cut his sentence short while his eyes stopped on me. "Who is he?" He spat at Miracle.

She scrambled into her feet and brushed herself off, and exhaled. "Jeffery, Chris, Chris, Jeffery" I gave him a head nod.

"Uh hello, um Miracle can I talk to you.. Privately, please?" Her eyes shot to mine as she started to walk towards her angered looking husband.

"Uh, Chris.. you can make yourself at home, the living room is to your left" she rushed out as he yanked her into another room.

I sighed to myself as Royalty started to move around in my arms, while I made my way into the living room.

Miracle Lively

"why is he in our house?" Jeffery angrily spat out while closing the door. I scrunched up my face, and crossed my arms. "Because I'm doing a good deed" I snapped.

He chuckled. "You know, you should learn how to consult with your husband before you just start moving folks up in our house" he preached. I put my hand up in his face.

"Okay you're using that 'our house' phrase a tad bit too freely, this is my house, everything is in my name, I pay for everything up in this piece. Therefore, I can do whatever the hell I want up in here. Now if you excuse me, I have to attend to my house guess"