two

I follow my classmates towards the big hall that could fit thousands of people.
They are all smiling and chattering. I am doing the same too. My best friend Mark, was talking to me about how he would miss me, some of his other friends, and school other graduation.
I see some students who look so happy to graduate, while others are already weeping quietly.
Me and Mark find two unoccupied seats for each of us and sit down.
So, this is it.
After that, we'll be gone.
It will be harder to see each other again.
Mark speaks.
Yeah.
But you're luckier. You've got a girlfriend. You guys are lovers.
Mark fake coughs.
She's coming. I will escort myself then.
I turn towards the side his eyes are looking at.
Her.
Long, dark brown hair. Brown, hazel eyes. Pink, soft lips.
I ask myself.
Why have I not look closer at her before.
She is perfect and beautiful and charming and amazing and my love.
She loves me.
I love her.
She is mine.
I'm hers.
Mark winks at me and mouths the word 'have a great time' and stands up and leaves.
Lanie sits down beside me, just looking at me. We do not say anything.
I see myself in her eyes. I feel happy and loved.
We lean in, almost touching each other's lips when the principal speaks on the mic. That moment has just been ruined but that is fine. We turn towards the stage and clap hands ocassionally.
The principal talks about the same old graduation stuff that bores me. I'm not interested in it. I am more interested in the girl sitting next to me, Lanie.
Lanie stares at the principal, paying attention to him.
Unlike me, she is listening to every word he says. That's fine though. She still look as gorgeous as ever.
And she's mine.
My only.
Countless girls fall in love with me, but that's not real.
She is.
By the way she talks to me, the way she looks at me, I can know she is different.
I hope we can be together forever.
I really do.
I love you, Lanie.